Rear suspension, which Bilstein and LR parts??

DonutHands

So the front suspension AC springs and KYB shock part numbers are easy enough to find on here for the common 2" lift. The rear 2" lift parts, I'm not so sure about.

Bilstein 5125 seems to be the series, but 33-xxxxxx ???

LR springs, 9xxx ???

Some folks are running different variations of the parts above for different reasons, so I guess im looking for the most common tried and tested parts for an ~2" lift in the rear.

Why waste your time? Like what was the point of that at all? Just in a mood, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why waste your time? Like what was the point of that at all? Just in a mood, eh?

I mean I guess I could ask you the same. My point is do the research and you may come to a more informed conclusion that people just telling you why their set up is the best.

Sent from my Pathfinder

I mean I guess I could ask you the same. My point is do the research and you may come to a more informed conclusion that people just telling you why their set up is the best.

Sent from my Pathfinder

I had a question. That’s why I posted. If you read, you can tell I have done some digging but still have questions.

You seem to have posted ‘try searching’, but without even making the effort to say that. Thanks, thanks so much for your contribution.

I had a question. That’s why I posted. If you read, you can tell I have done some digging but still have questions.   You seem to have posted ‘try searching’, but without even making the effort to say that. Thanks, thanks so much for your contribution.  

You’re welcome. Here’s a vid explaining shocks.  

http://

[/url] 

I recently ordered my set, so I can only speak on that setup.

I ordered the rear NRC 9447 springs for the rear as they are the softer, shorter of the LR options as I didn’t want too much rake and I’m not heavily loaded in the rear. I got these from LR Direct. 

The rear shocks, you can technically use stock KYB oem rear shocks, but you won’t have much travel. So the common upgrade paired with the 9447 springs would be Bilstein 5125 series 33-185552 as these extend about 3” more than stock without any major risk or changes needed.

On 8/27/2020 at 10:42 PM, Fonze311 said:

I ordered the rear NRC 9447 springs for the rear as they are the softer, shorter of the LR options as I didn’t want too much rake and I’m not heavily loaded in the rear. I got these from LR Direct. 

The rear shocks, you can technically use stock KYB oem rear shocks, but you won’t have much travel. So the common upgrade paired with the 9447 springs would be Bilstein 5125 series 33-185552 as these extend about 3” more than stock without any major risk or changes needed.

Fronze any modifications with the eyelet mounts on this part number or was it direct fit, thanks

4 hours ago, PATHYNDH said:

Fronze any modifications with the eyelet mounts on this part number or was it direct fit, thanks

That shock will have 16mm eyes on both sides. Pathfinders are 12mm and 16mm. The location of the 12mm goes from the lower mount to the upper mount at the 1999.5 model year

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PATHYNDH said:

Pre-1999.5 here. Upper direct, lower drilled out to 1/2” for use with sleeve supplied with shocks.

On 8/30/2020 at 12:08 PM, PATHYNDH said:

Whattup man. Sorry, I have not installed the setup yet. But I PMed members with that exact setup and sounds like no biggie to get the mounting points to fit. I guess I’ll find out when I do it.

Thanks R50JR, those vids were super helpful.

Gonna be going with the same part numbers Fonze is using. Seems to be the go to parts for a close to 2” lift.

Gonna be going with the same part numbers Fonze is using. Seems to be the go to parts for a close to 2” lift.

No problem. [mention]PathyDude17 [/mention] does a fantastic job explaining things. Those videos are a good reference even for me.

Sent from my Pathfinder

13 hours ago, DonutHands said:

Don’t forget to post a pic when you get it done! Can’t wait to do mine.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fonze311 said:

Don’t forget to post a pic when you get it done! Can’t wait to do mine.

... Dont worry i will LOL, i think my Build Page has more than enough pictures :) ha

On 8/27/2020 at 10:42 PM, Fonze311 said:

I got a rake!! even with a 1" spacer on OME HD lol

On 8/31/2020 at 11:06 PM, Fonze311 said:

Whattup man. Sorry, I have not installed the setup yet. But I PMed members with that exact setup and sounds like no biggie to get the mounting points to fit. I guess I’ll find out when I do it.

Thanks! i had 12mm sleeves for the upper mount :)

22 hours ago, PATHYNDH said:

I got a rake!! even with a 1" spacer on OME HD lol

Oh damn haha! Well I guess it’s expected, but the rear does settle a bit according to the other guys. I better load up my rear lol

On 8/30/2020 at 5:42 PM, PathyDude17 said:

That shock will have 16mm eyes on both sides. Pathfinders are 12mm and 16mm. The location of the 12mm goes from the lower mount to the upper mount at the 1999.5 model year

So for absolute clarity, my 2001 LE will have a 12mm for the upper mount? 

And all that’s required for adding the bilsteins is drilling out the mount to be 16mm?

1 hour ago, PathyGig12 said:

So for absolute clarity, my 2001 LE will have a 12mm for the upper mount? 

And all that’s required for adding the bilsteins is drilling out the mount to be 16mm?

Yes, this is my understanding. To be more precise, drill out the mount to fit a grade 8 bolt that fits nicely inside a sleeve that bilstein supplies, or something of that nature. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PathyDude17 said:

Yes, this is my understanding. To be more precise, drill out the mount to fit a grade 8 bolt that fits nicely inside a sleeve that bilstein supplies, or something of that nature. 

Gotcha thanks. This has been on my list for a long time now, just been nervous about how much modding would be necessary