Suspension swapping

B.P.

Hey what's up everybody glad to be here and new to the group. I picked up my pathfinder and want to see what I can do as far as swapping my suspension (uca's,lca's,etc for the Titan set up and what needs to be done and if anyone has attempted to do this.Thanks everyone.

Edited by B.P.

Completely different and impractical to adapt suspension parts from a Titan to your WD21. Same with later Frontiers, Xterras, and Pathfinders. When they did away with the torsion bars, everything got redesigned  and is completely different. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FirstGenFreak said:

For the work (labour cost or your own time) involved you could probably do a SAS. 

Thanks.I don't know what a SAS is tho.

18 hours ago, Mr_Reverse said:

Completely different and impractical to adapt suspension parts from a Titan to your WD21. Same with later Frontiers, Xterras, and Pathfinders. When they did away with the torsion bars, everything got redesigned  and is completely different. 

I'm completely aware of a torsion setup is I have one in my other vehicle which is a 2004 Ford explorer sport Trac. My question is is that a the upper and lower control arms lining up if possible to bolt directly on then fabricate from

there

6 minutes ago, B.P. said:

Thanks.I don't know what a SAS is tho.

Solid Axle Swap
Some inspiration here:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/forum/60-solid-axle-swaps-hardcore-custom-fab/

You can buy aftermarket upper control arms from 4x4parts.com or Rough country (or Calmini.)

4x4parts: sell the superlift which I have used and can vouch for. Others will have their favourites. 
https://www.4x4parts.com/i-18981693-super-lift-front-suspension-lift.html

Never seen aftermarket lowers other than the waaaay old trailmaster. 

The WD21 doesn't have lower A arms like the newer Nissan trucks that use coil over front springs. So in order to do a newer front end like the Titan has, would require redesigning the front 3 feet or so of the frame. 

Like FirstGenFreak said, pretty limited on what can be done. A couple choices on the upper control arms, find an old Trail Master lift, or full on custom fab. When you go there, a solid axle swap is likely to be easiest and least expensive route. A good custom shop might be able to make a functional frame swap using a 2nd gen Xterra or Frontier frame, but that would be expensive as well. 

5 hours ago, FirstGenFreak said:

Solid Axle Swap
Some inspiration here:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/forum/60-solid-axle-swaps-hardcore-custom-fab/

You can buy aftermarket upper control arms from 4x4parts.com or Rough country (or Calmini.)

4x4parts: sell the superlift which I have used and can vouch for. Others will have their favourites. 
https://www.4x4parts.com/i-18981693-super-lift-front-suspension-lift.html

Never seen aftermarket lowers other than the waaaay old trailmaster. 

Thanks.ive seen these upper control arms and haven't touched the torsion bars yet.(been lagging).Will it lift without turning the t-bars?Thanks again everyone for the input. I love these vehicles we got to d21 back in the day. I don't think I'm ever getting rid of it so who knows what's down the road for this vehicle.

Nope, you need to index or wind your bars to lift the car. The main purpose of the arms is to correct the ball joint angles. 
There are dozens of threads on here going over all of that, and the 2wd steering link conversion (another weak point if you wheel it hard). You'll probably want an idler arm brace too.