Rear bushings Track bar/control arm for 1990

edinleth

Im looking for bushings for upper and lower track bars for my pathy. And I was wondering if the upper and lowers were the same size? if anyone could point me in the right direction of some websites that have them, that would be wicked. Preferably Canadian sites but I'm willing to pay extra on shipping. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Just replaced some of mine recently, but can't recall the PN. All. 8 bushings are the same. I got mine through Amazon, though I think your local parts store should be able to get them as well. 

I have pretty much given up on the things in my Pathy, considering building new links and using Jonny joints or something similar when I can find the extra money and interest to work on my truck again. Currently looking for a transmission for the 09 Altima I bought cheap a couple weeks ago and fixing the neglected and worn out stuff in my DD, the 04 Sorento my daughter gave back to me a month ago. 

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1995,pathfinder,3.0l+v6,1211993,suspension,control+arm+bushing,7532

They are the same for a 1990. What you want is the rear control arm bushings.

Here are the ones for the panhard/track bar (the one that goes from the frame on the right to the axle on the left):

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1995,pathfinder,3.0l+v6,1211993,suspension,track+bar+bushing,10416

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 4:11 PM, edinleth said:

Im looking for bushings for upper and lower track bars for my pathy. And I was wondering if the upper and lowers were the same size? if anyone could point me in the right direction of some websites that have them, that would be wicked. Preferably Canadian sites but I'm willing to pay extra on shipping. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

On 8/4/2020 at 7:17 PM, adamzan said:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1995,pathfinder,3.0l+v6,1211993,suspension,control+arm+bushing,7532

They are the same for a 1990. What you want is the rear control arm bushings.

Here are the ones for the panhard/track bar (the one that goes from the frame on the right to the axle on the left):

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1995,pathfinder,3.0l+v6,1211993,suspension,track+bar+bushing,10416

@Mr_Reverse

How is the install of these? I've got a crazy sway in the rear end when I let on/off the gas at speed, especially corners. Thinking of trying to replace the trailing/control arm as well as panhard/track bar bushings.

@TheGhost

With a cursory visual inspection, you can easily determine if you have bad bushings. I would have a look at everything though, not just your rear end.

At one point, I had, what turned out to be, a complete idiot do a front end alignment on my pathy. One of the upper control arm bolts was cross threaded and not tight against the frame. What happened later, because it wasn't tight against the frame, the shims fell out and I had an upper control arm that was flopping around causing all kinds of mayhem while driving. I recommend a good look over everything!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The install is not fun, I had to burn mine out and cut the sleeves. The new ones pressed in fairly easily, though. It did make a considerable difference in how it drove. As well as fixing the sway/torque steer problem.

I also agree with @gamellott and check out the front end as well. It can cause all sorts of other symptoms. Most common issues are worn idler arm and center link. And yes the alignment is frequently done improperly especially if they play with the caster/camber.

Edited by adamzan
more info
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hey adamzan the link for the panhard bushings that you posted from Rockauto.  Do I need 2 sets or are there just one cone bushing and one round (like control bush)