Rough Running 2001 Pathfinder

ryjaytay38

Hey guys,

I haven't been on here for a while, but I have a question/concern/problem. I live in Phoenix where the last few days has been 115+degrees. I don't know if that has any bearing on this. It took my AC a long long time to start cooling yesterday even though the freon is good and again, I don't know if that has anything to do with anything other than it's damn hot!! Today, I went out and fired up the truck. Driving down the road and noticed it running really rough. Stop at a light and it doesn't stall but really idling rough. My temp isn't going up and getting no check engine light. I put the obd meter on and have nothing. My first thought was head gasket but there's no smoke, no fluid from the tail pipe. Then I started thinking fouled plugs, fuel filter. I don't know where to start. I'm tempted to go to Oreillys and get the head gasket tester to ease my mind. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

Finally, this afternoon I got a check engine light. It's cylinder #3 misfire. If the engine will cool down, probably by about 2am, I'll check the plug, coil and wires and see what I can find. 

I got the to the Pathfinder about 11pm last night when the temp dropped to a balmy 108. Looks like the ignition coil pack is good, spark plug good, and wiring is good. Swapped it to the #4 but code did not follow. Also plugged them together and turned the key a split second and sure enough, there's spark. I'm thinking now we're looking at #3 fuel injector. I've been down the injector road before and never a pleasurable experience having to pull so much off just to get to the injectors. If anyone knows any shortcuts or easier ways to get to the injectors, please enlighten me. I just put a new engine in a 99 Isuzu trooper. Same 3.5 motor but Nissan has to make it so you have to fight every step of the way compared to the Isuzu. I can pull injectors out of the Isuzu within minutes. There's no pulling manifolds and everything else that Nissan throws in there. So frustrating