New member looking for advice

Buske

Hi all, I have recently bought a 2002 SE with 139,000 miles on it. Very clean inside and out with not a spec of rust on the body or the frame. Minus 2 or 3 small scratches and door dings, it is about as clean as it gets for 18 years old. Looking to get into weekend overlanding (mostly FS roads) with hopes of doing the WABDR in the next summer. Debating keeping stock running gear and throwing 31x10.50s on it with beadlocks. Any help on what to watch out for being 139,000 miles assuming it hasn't meen maintained (maybe it has, I am not sure). Any problem areas to focus on? Any weaknesses in the near future? Thanks so much for your time!

:welcome:

I'd suggest researching adding loctite to the power valve screws. Other than that, nothing really jumps to mind other than the usual used vehicle stuff like changing fluids.

When researching your new ride, you may find it useful to add site:nissanlathfinders.net/forum to the end of your Google searches to just get results from this site.

• Like 2

The 2002 model year has well noted issues about the Idle Air Control Valve going bad, allowing coolant to leak. One thing leads to another, and left untreated you’ll eventually burn a hole in your ECU. I’d suggest changing that gasket/IACV

don’t want to end up like this guy with a damaged circuit board: https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/pathfinder/26536-02-pathfinder-possible-ecm.html

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies! I messaged the previous owner, he had the ECU replaced due to that very issue. Never joined a forum before so it is a bit of a learning curve navigating this site, lol. Hopefully I am going about it the right way.