Bulletproof SUV for under $15,000

PrecisionX

I currently own a 2001 Pathy with 225k on it. It’s tired but still works. The wife is looking for an SUV that can pile the miles, off road capability isn’t super important and neither is MPG. She’s just tired of her 2007, things not working as they should due to age and so on. Low maintenance is important and so isn’t reliability/size. Open to any hidden gems that aren’t stupid expensive and or under the radar SUVs. She’s thinking pilot but I’m hoping for other ideas too. We drive a ton 20-30k a year and her outback is at the point where it’s nickel and diming to death. 

My mom's got an '04 GX470 and loves it. It's an odd-looking critter and some of the "luxury" stuff is kind of ridiculous (the mirrors that adjust down automatically when you put it in reverse, the steering wheel that motors out to meet you when you start it, the stupid touch screen), but it's got proper four wheel drive, it's got all the power it needs, and the seats are comfortable. It replaced a '13 CRV which was reliable and good on gas but had awful seats.

My mom's got an '04 GX470 and loves it. It's an odd-looking critter and some of the "luxury" stuff is kind of ridiculous (the mirrors that adjust down automatically when you put it in reverse, the steering wheel that motors out to meet you when you start it, the stupid touch screen), but it's got proper four wheel drive, it's got all the power it needs, and the seats are comfortable. It replaced a '13 CRV which was reliable and good on gas but had awful seats.

Don’t forget it looks much better than any brand new lexus suv. Those new front ends are hideous

Sent from my Pathfinder

2 hours ago, R50JR said:

Don’t forget it looks much better than any brand new lexus suv. Those new front ends are hideous

LOL yeah, it's awkward but it doesn't look like it's on its way to a jungle deathmatch with Arnold Schwarzenegger.