Crankshaft / Harmonic Balancer Pulley Bolt

Hi Members.

New to forum. Half way through timing belt change. 2002 Model with 100K kilometres or 60K miles. Looks like original timing belt and it is in good condition visually.

Can't get a replacement bolt for crank. It says to replace it. Single use only.

Has anybody put the old bolt back in?

Just wondering if I should not continue and leave old timing or keep going. Haven't taken old bolt out yet.

Any help greatly appreciated. cheers

I'm guessing you've got the ZD engine? I don't have the service manual for that one, but every other manual I have says nothing about replacing the crank bolt. I'd be surprised if Nissan didn't sell them, looks like they're still making that engine.

I don’t recall if it’s necessary to replace the bolt but I’ll throw in my experience. I removed it and replaced it on my 01 about 6 months ago. Put about 5k miles on it since then and haven’t had any known issues with it so far. Hopefully somebody has the actual answer to your question 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Replaced bolt as no bolts in the country that we could locate. Nissan said maybe 3 month wait due to Covid issues. So have done about 1000km (600miles). All good so far fingers crossed. Next project rear end sagging with a bit of load.