01 w/225k Won’t start, click, anything.

I have an 01 R50 with 225k on it. New battery, starter, alternator all within the past 2-3 years. Just drove it the other day, it’s been parked for a day and I went to fire it up this morning and... nothing. Dash lights up when I turn the key but no click, no tick just dead silence with a super faint whine of some kind that’s so faint you don’t even know if it’s that you’re hearing. What could it be? The end of the Pathy or something stupid and simple? Over the years there have been random times when I drive it all day, shut it down to gas up and then it won’t start... I let it cool down a couple minutes and it fires up. It comes and goes but I’m wondering if the ignition was on its way out and finally randomly quit? 

Mine does that sometimes. Previous owner messed around with the automatic shifter and it's shift cables. Its slightly misaligned. When it happens to me, I gently press forward on the shifter and that seems to register that it's in park then it will start like normal. I think I've read there is also a switch in the center console for automatics that can fail which does what you're experiencing too.