01 QX4 Climate Control Issue

Brand new 2001 QX4 owner here and my climate control assembly does not display or function when the buttons are pressed, other than the rear defogger which illuminates when pressed. Has anyone ever had this issue, or have a clue on how I should approach this?

Car was sitting for 5+ years and I recently replaced the ECM and IACV to get it up and running. Previous owners said that the climate control was working before. I checked the fuses and they were good. Would it be possible that replacing the ECM could have caused something like this? ECM was off Ebay and I verified it was a compatible serial number, plus everything else has been working fine. Any advice?

20200628_1824572.thumb.jpg.722a742503c5bdb7d4ce0208da9d5c66.jpg

I'm going to bet there is a dryed out and blown electrolytic capacitor inside the control panel, if the fuse is good. I'd try to get the service manual for your vehicle and follow the troubleshooting. I'd check for voltage and continuity on the appropriate pins to the panel. It will probably lead you to control panel replacement and in that case you can try to get a junker replacement or open your panel up and see if anything looks suspicious on the control board.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1