2002 R50 4WD Manual Transmission

autofakt

Hey guys so I picked up another R50 the other day.  Only reason I bought it was because it was a manual and figured they were hard to find.  It was also cheap imo and got it below $1000.  The truck doesnt go into 4LO, any ideas?  Maybe someone here even knows this vehicle.  I have another build tread that Ive linked below and now I have to decide which one to actually use as my base.  So far i have been just reconditioning the LE and have time to decide before the major mods.  Anyone have experience they can share about off-roading both a manual and an auto?  Which do you prefer?  Here are some pictures.

eaxxgLJ.jpg

fMoJICp.jpg

BZEWTD7.jpg

d7rYnME.jpg

wbDnzwS.jpg

MweLX5G.jpg

akqhBws.jpg

zieGexQ.jpg

• Like 1

I have done both manual and automatic transmissions off road. My normal off pavement is usually rough surfaces and rocks, so low speed. I prefer the auto do to it's better crawlability. Also makes w pedaling easier. 

As for not going into 4lo, you have to put the trans into neutral just like the autos for the easiest shift. If that still doesn't work, the transfer case linkage is probably rusted or damaged. My 93 was getting hard to put into 4lo for a while. I found water and dirt had gotten into the boots protecting the linkage joints and one of them was rusted almost solid. I installed na replacement linkage and the problem went away. 

Sorry if it's obvious, but are you pushing the shift nob INTO the floor before pulling down into 4lo?  And yes tranny in neutral, and I do clutch in too just cuz