front axel replacement

joshboy22

As far as I've ordered axles, I always had to choose between pre-'98 and post-'98 but I never saw a difference between them. So I guess they're the same for all R50

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

The cv joints (front axels) are pretty much done on my 2001 3.5L R50. Will any other R50 year work for replacements? I'll be going to a pick-n-pull to source the parts.

Just but them new. They’re inexpensive and the boots aren’t worn.

Cardone Select 66-6185 New CV Axle (Drive Axle) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CFHD4Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9434Eb05HPFRT

Sent from my Pathfinder

I've bought Cardone's too. Have been on my truck for years now and no issues.

But I bought mine from Rockauto.com (cheaper than Amazon)

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I pulled axles from a JY R50- saves me some money, and I like having OEM ones if possible. That’s a personal preference though, there’s little to no evidence of difference in performance.

i didn’t pay attention to year when pulling them, and they worked fine. They certainly all bolt up to the same differential regardless of year within the R50 generation, and since all manual hubs work with all model year R50’s (provided you have the right rims), I’d have a tough time imagining any actual difference in the axles from year to year. If you’re unsure, buying new is a perfectly fine option. That’s my $.02

• Like 1