Black 03' QX4 Fun Covid Self Isolation Edition

Are you planning on OME HD front springs PLUS a 1" spacer? That might end up pushing it as you'll see. I currently run OME HD front springs plus a 0.5" spacer and I found that was the max I could go. That was after a year of letting the OME HD springs settle out first.

I second this. I am running the exact same setup and 1/2” is near max on oem cv axles.

Sent from my Pathfinder

On 8/4/2020 at 11:45 AM, R50JR said:

I second this. I am running the exact same setup and 1/2” is near max on oem cv axles.
Sent from my Pathfinder

Additionally I find this set-up pretty dang good. Only downside is the reduction in downward suspension travel, but that's a function of the heavier duty springs and the fact that we're limited by OEM spec struts (other than maybe OME struts...).

• Like 2

Hey guys thanks for the heads up, as i recall doin research from a year ago . I was trying to achieve having the lift the most possible leveled kit and was told the 1" on the front would be best. Hmmm. maybe i researched wrong.

Edited by PATHYNDH

One last thing before i put the engine back together was i did the drive belts debated about the radiator as well.... Coolant flush right after. I went to Nissan the same day and got a estimate(discount) from Nissan from top to bottom for the hardware for the front and rear lift. RMS next!

xrdNhY.jpg

9QmSD5.jpg

Za66S7.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So Update, the truck is on the hoist. Transmission removed, will do seals soon (Pics to come)... and YES FINALLY i paid for the front and rear suspension hardware. Every piece from top to bottom from Nissan, but the only part that i didn't buy yet are the bump stops. Are u kidding me almost $250 after tax CDN for both sides and that's with my dealership discount lol none to less lift finally coming soon, now have to decide on what length spacers to use up front hmm

Storing at shop

EZxcCv.jpg

Edited by PATHYNDH
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update, so for the past week and half. the truck been slowly worked on, sitting on the hoist. Removing parts when i can come in, been getting help from the shop, Nissan Seals/Gaskets been a waiting game as we go along and see things that are needed

RtsSvs.jpg

WHMeMk.jpg

Week ago, i installed these new belts lol off they come again to remove upper oil pan

D04cRC.jpg

Under Carriage was pretty clean in turn made the removal of parts much easier :)

rWm8kz.jpg

34K5qj.jpg

Rear Main Seal

NPEMZ2.jpg

This crush washer above the RMS was probably the longest wait

RtB81x.jpgHfAiht.jpg

Cleaning the upper oil pan and lower

XXHqUL.jpg

I6Vr4e.jpg

7RSscj.jpg

0eZEFs.jpg

Box of hardware for the lift top to bottom. All Nissan parts except rear bump stop

Zv0u8u.jpg

TO BE CONTINUE......

• Like 3

Wow, must be nice having that kind of workspace available and a clean undercarriage to work on!!  I'm currently doing my front suspension overhaul (due to a snapped coil) and so far I have about 12-14 hours into it.  Almost every fastener has needed to be heated with the torch, backed off with a HD impact gun, most bolts have needed to be heated and beaten out. Luckily I have a decent size garage with a decent arsenal of tools, but the rust and corrosion is beating the hell out of me!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 01Pathmaker said:

Wow, must be nice having that kind of workspace available and a clean undercarriage to work on!!  I'm currently doing my front suspension overhaul (due to a snapped coil) and so far I have about 12-14 hours into it.  Almost every fastener has needed to be heated with the torch, backed off with a HD impact gun, most bolts have needed to be heated and beaten out. Luckily I have a decent size garage with a decent arsenal of tools, but the rust and corrosion is beating the hell out of me!

Ya totally hear ya...Ive known this buddy for like 20 years never have in my years and tons of cars I've owned have i used his option to use his shop til now. Well especially not this extensive. Ya it makes a huuuuuuuuuuge difference not having heavily rusted parts. Hey man at least u have all that, space and tools. I'm a home mechanic with cheaper brand tools, the other benefit is being here i'm surrounded with snap on tools if i need it and advice/help if needed. Good luck on the suspension overhaul guess PB blaster wont work, heat it is ha

• Like 1

FINALLY!!! put the truck back together, also changed the steering rack bushing since it was off, also had front and back sway bar links/bushing on hand for awhile. Did those too.

Rj3ESX.jpgnTOBzb.jpg

NRC9447

51WaGi.jpg

Thought about getting longer Bilsteins, but for now will use the pair i bought a year ago from a fellow Npora local member on here. 5100 (185509)

J3bIMd.jpg

Will coat the wheel wells later on

rmQhVk.jpg

FGGM5z.jpg

Orangy Spacer didn't come in on time, didn't bother using one but added the 1" SF Creations spacer

8yriqd.jpgO9Ggb3.jpg

Front 2928 OME HD Coils on KYB Struts All OEM Nissan Hardware

KGZUvZ.jpg

Even with the 1" spacer in the front, still a bit of a rake but will wait for it to settle and then also do the alignment :)

7zp3qA.jpg

BEFORE

gGjgp4.jpg

AFTER :););)

kM9PXE.jpg

eP5fz5.jpg

Me and a fellow techs 4Runner

36Cm5N.jpg

Edited by PATHYNDH
  • Like 3

On 8/4/2020 at 11:45 AM, R50JR said:

Sent from my Pathfinder

So guys i ended using my 1" SF spacer and seem to be fine but will see...

Looks great man. Bold move on the spacer, I know it would messing with my head constantly knowing they were on there but hopefully you get lucky and it works out with your set up. 

Have you tried turning the wheels by hand while the truck was in the air to see if there’s any binding? Or how about at full lock? 

Looks good man! I see the rake you’re taking about, but it’s not really all that bad. Any idea the weight of your front bull-bar bumper?

If you still prefer to level it, maybe add a tow hitch in the rear if you don’t already have one?

Edited by Fonze311

a8adf0c876e1d4b75bf0269704873a01.jpg
That’s what I’d keep an eye on. The strut looks to be lined up with the knuckle and the inner boot looks to be stretched a bit. Keep in mind the 2928 springs hardly compress with vehicle weight so you’ll be running near that angle all the time, especially during acceleration. Post a pic of the front view of cv axle.

Sent from my Pathfinder

On 6/9/2020 at 2:39 AM, PATHYNDH said:

TONs of goodies!!! Some for now some for later preventative maintenance in bulk (shout out to Rock Auto) lol. Engine was next up, Installed new battery as well , SMP 2G Negative battery cable (felt like previous one was a bit to short?  Also added  short ram intake, direct fit with the adapter. Since i was in there i then changed the spark plug's as well. Will eventually do all the gaskets down the road for preventive maintenance

xdp9ca.jpg

ONjCh2.jpg

xRl5vv.jpg

DZd81H.jpg

gkFgMu.jpg

ovF6FX.jpg

8CscTJ.jpg

Xw5BpI.jpg

Where did you get the adapter for the air intake?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/30/2020 at 1:26 PM, PATHYNDH said:

Ya totally hear ya...Ive known this buddy for like 20 years never have in my years and tons of cars I've owned have i used his option to use his shop til now. Well especially not this extensive. Ya it makes a huuuuuuuuuuge difference not having heavily rusted parts. Hey man at least u have all that, space and tools. I'm a home mechanic with cheaper brand tools, the other benefit is being here i'm surrounded with snap on tools if i need it and advice/help if needed. Good luck on the suspension overhaul guess PB blaster wont work, heat it is ha

I’ve totally daydreamed about this before. Throwing a bunch of oem parts on mine for a deep overhaul in a shop. Just curious what’s the plug and crush washer above the rms for?