Black 03' QX4 Fun Covid Self Isolation Edition

Did some more tune up maintenance few days later, Fuel Filter has never been changed it seems lol

I2RFAb.jpg'

Out with the old In with the new

eqUteG.jpg

After i took the truck to shop to get on the hoist to do both differential fluids Liqui Moly GL-4 and Nissan ATF transfer fluids before calling it a day.

6k32MZ.jpg

Edited by PATHYNDH

Next morning my Lund Bug Deflector finally arrived!. I do not like the OEM design but this one is nicer in my opinion.

Needed to drill into the hood for it to mount

Hlnjx4.jpg

3cQqst.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PATHYNDH said:

Is your outline just a 7x4 rectangle? Looks different than my 03 qx4 but looks the same tho as my pathfinder. The Atoto A6 gives u a trim piece that covers the outer gaps. Direct slide in. This 03 Qx now tho was a head scratcher at first lol. Good job guys!

Yeah.  It's the 7"x4" rectangle.  The kit that everyone shows for the 04 Pathfinder has an opening that is actually larger than the headunit.  The opening appears (from looking at yours) to be different than the QX-4.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 12:35 AM, PATHYNDH said:

When i bought the truck the seats on both sides were torn typical on our year models. So i just quickly fixed them.

Before and Afters. Sorry for the bad photos these were dealer photos thought i took some of my own but don't see them?

Passenger

WAKY4J.jpg

5lNELi.jpg

Driver

eaUoPB.jpg

7gzz30.jpg

mC4CTZ.jpg

How did you “quickly” fix those??? That looks amazing 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 10:31 PM, Sjackson2 said:

How did you “quickly” fix those??? That looks amazing 

Thanks and Oh i don't think i mentioned this but this is what i do for a living...Upholstery/Restoration so to me this was quick.

• Like 1

Moving along here, day whatever it was ...Picked up a Rebar to fix that dent in the front bumper, quite simple task at hand. In the process went to Nissan and raided one of the nice techs i know tool box to replace all my rusted bolts and clips etc for both front and rear bumpers. Free is always good. It pays to have connections lol

rLRU5n.jpg

T5YK9Y.jpg

Before!!!

1CRxHq.jpg

5Is1Ks.jpg

AFTER!!

dJovHP.jpg

rPczMn.jpg

X61pdu.jpg

Uhwd4h.jpg

lWl4IB.jpg

Edited by PATHYNDH
  • Like 1

Forgot what day this was, Butt shot with the swapped over 02 Pathfinder LE cross bars ( Removed chrome roof rack cross bar in backround) and taillight guards.

zQRICj.jpg

7n8NbO.jpg

• Like 2

As the work in progress continued, next up was before i mounted on my roof basket, i wanted to quickly detail/paint correct the roof. Starting with the clay bar and decided to do the whole car since i was on a roll. Waited til next day to take the truck to my buddies body shop bc it was tiring process lol and wanted to use his very expensive polisher which i didnt have with my Meguiar's Compound/Polish/Wax procedures.

Yuck

O6MqLV.jpg

Clayed! Smooth as butter

iRTP86.jpg

Next day at the body shop results

nz59pg.jpg

Pretty happy with the results, rest of the car some day down the road.

fwpc65.jpg

Went home and installed my low profile Apex roof basket

uxCoW8.jpg

Went for a test drive and found the wind noise to be loud so quick thinking knew i had a INNO fairing stored away somewhere and installed that days later and the noise was instantly gone!

3UolN2.jpg

Edited by PATHYNDH
  • Like 1

On to the bigger stuff, Brakes System were up next. Ran into a small problem but was resolved quickly...

5OAAv6.jpg

The rotors here that had sitting at home actually wasn't for a R50 but i think a Xterra but being at the shop luckily working, delivery was quick. Opted for some very good Akebono rotors instead. In the meantime Lower Ball Joints were installed and LF ABS sensor was installed.(which was a pain in the butt being all stuck and seized) Bought the truck with a ABS sensor CEL now its gone :)

nwwH22.jpg

Having access to automatic brake bleeding was heaven sent lol

H9zeBC.jpg

Should have done all the rest of the steering since it was disconnected but decided to do it another day ...

Edited by PATHYNDH
  • Like 1

The following day, went to tackle the steering bellows, outer and inner tie rods. Since the brakes were just done, the outer tie rods was already cracked so it wasn't a pain to remove. Borrowed the inner tie rod removal tool which helped tremendously

BDOy0q.jpg

OYQ8GP.jpg

VgYxLE.jpg

keTD1O.jpg

x6pnfW.jpg

Out with the old in with the new

IpUayP.jpg

Finished product! Tmr i will be jumping back on the 4 post to get it aligned :)

kMvBXb.jpg

Next Day... back on the 4post, alignment done

UXunBm.jpg

Cd0DLl.jpg

Few days i ago when i was doing my brakes here also...i didn't realize that my 3rd brake light bulbs was almost all blown out when i bought the truck. My buddy saw this as i was reversing and just threw in a bunch of Phillips LED for me for free.

YKUMVa.jpg

Took them home to install, boy was he right lol

B4dUX2.jpg

NX9LTU.jpg

Edited by PATHYNDH
  • Like 1

So for the past weeks Ive noticed when i would put it into Auto. I would start hearing this humming sound. Not on P or N but everything else. Since I've owned 2 pathfinders i knew this wasn't normal. Everything seemed normal tho no waning lights etc. Drove very nice and engaged.We traced it down, while on the hoist to the motor in the back of the transfer case. (There are 2 one in the front and  one in the back). Sourced it out quickly and easy and inexpensive since i have a go to wreckers.

r9mSfe.jpg

Held on by 2 bolts and a breather tube and plug in harness

NV4fxV.jpg

Filled back some ATF that i lost removing it , fired it up and the humming now is very faint. Very happy :)

aOmda2.jpg

How are those liqui moly fluids working for you? I have used a few of their products but not enough to know of longevity

Sent from my Pathfinder

On 6/27/2020 at 7:23 AM, R50JR said:

How are those liqui moly fluids working for you? I have used a few of their products but not enough to know of longevity

Sent from my Pathfinder

To be honest i've never known any other fluids with my trucks/cars bc my buddies shop strictly uses promotes only Liqui Moly. Its more expensive yes but also i've never paid those full prices. So if i have a choice between say Mobil 1 or Liquid Moly  it will always be LM. This oil has kept all my vehicles in top conditions with minimal problems for years. That could be also maintaining your trucks. I feel the oil can last longer than some synthetics between oil changes but i still do it every 6000k or 3mths etc. Try it out more and see if you notice a difference in how clean it is for longevity. Personally id never go back to any oil ever.

On 6/11/2020 at 2:35 AM, PATHYNDH said:

When i bought the truck the seats on both sides were torn typical on our year models. So i just quickly fixed them.

Before and Afters. Sorry for the bad photos these were dealer photos thought i took some of my own but don't see them?

Passenger

WAKY4J.jpg

5lNELi.jpg

Driver

eaUoPB.jpg

7gzz30.jpg

mC4CTZ.jpg

I have this issue with both of my front seats and would love to be able to fix it.  Could you do a write up one day?

23 hours ago, Preacher said:

I have this issue with both of my front seats and would love to be able to fix it.  Could you do a write up one day?

X2 on writeup

This truck is looking killer by the way

How about touching on your method if cleaning the sunroof drain. I undoubtedly need to do that.

I’m also going to consider a rug doctor - my carpets are clean but yours are amazing.

Knockout job btw, that truck is going to be incredibly mint when you’re done.

Also, I expect you already have done it but I didn’t see it so - don’t forget to fix the power valves. It would be a shame to lose the engine on that beauty.

On 6/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, Dbot said:

X2 on writeup

This truck is looking killer by the way

Hey guys if i do a write up for the quick seat repair, your gonna have to pay me LOL. Sorry unfortunately its trade secrets lol Not to sound like jerk I'm always happy to share otherwise anything else , we all use different product/techniques etc..I think i said earlier in a post, that what i do for a living is re-upholstery/Restoring, my business. Reason why I'm connected with the auto industry and get so much stuff. The proper way tho is to remove my seat and undo all the stitching and get new material and stitch it back up.

On 7/3/2020 at 6:30 AM, RainGoat said:

How about touching on your method if cleaning the sunroof drain. I undoubtedly need to do that.

I’m also going to consider a rug doctor - my carpets are clean but yours are amazing.

Knockout job btw, that truck is going to be incredibly mint when you’re done.

Also, I expect you already have done it but I didn’t see it so - don’t forget to fix the power valves. It would be a shame to lose the engine on that beauty.

As for the sunroof i actually went to a hardware store and got that clear tubing, very cheap (forgot how long i got) and opened the sunroof completely. There are 2 drain holes on each side to the front and i ran the tube down as far as it went and used hot water. If that didn't work i would have used a air compressor to blow it out. But it worked with hot water and water started dripping down both side of the under carriage.

Yes for the power valves! Worked has picked up again so not much time to tinker as much but next up is to do my VC gaskets, all the gaskets, power valves once I'm in there. Oil pan gaskets etc and even upper gaskets, RMS. Coolant Flush with both thermostats as well asap. Like u said I'm gonna do this initially all once to have it mint :)

• Like 2

On 7/6/2020 at 11:29 PM, PATHYNDH said:

As for the sunroof i actually went to a hardware store and got that clear tubing, very cheap (forgot how long i got) and opened the sunroof completely. There are 2 drain holes on each side to the front and i ran the tube down as far as it went and used hot water. If that didn't work i would have used a air compressor to blow it out. But it worked with hot water and water started dripping down both side of the under carriage.

Yes for the power valves! Worked has picked up again so not much time to tinker as much but next up is to do my VC gaskets, all the gaskets, power valves once I'm in there. Oil pan gaskets etc and even upper gaskets, RMS. Coolant Flush with both thermostats as well asap. Like u said I'm gonna do this initially all once to have it mint :)

Super inspirational thread. I’m hoping that soon I can find the time to take a week and knock out a bunch of maintenance stuff. I want to do the rear diff fluid, transmission fluid, front o2 sensors, fuel filter, oil change, clean the MAF and the IAC, reroute the air intake/add K&N cold air intake, replace VC gaskets, replace the radiator, go through all vacuum lines and hoses, and ideally also replace other sensors that might be due for failure, as well as the injectors (but not super high on the list). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, Fonze311 said:

I realized you haven’t lifted the truck yet, right? What are the future plans? Looking good so far man.

Yeah! i know, parts been sitting at home since last year when i had my gold pathfinder. Will have it done asap and last. Right now its too pretty to be a off roader is what ppls are saying LOL umm. As we speak right now tho doing a all the of gaskets etc. Also replacing the Valve Covers. Rear main seals!

On 7/12/2020 at 3:48 PM, PathyGig12 said:

Super inspirational thread. I’m hoping that soon I can find the time to take a week and knock out a bunch of maintenance stuff. I want to do the rear diff fluid, transmission fluid, front o2 sensors, fuel filter, oil change, clean the MAF and the IAC, reroute the air intake/add K&N cold air intake, replace VC gaskets, replace the radiator, go through all vacuum lines and hoses, and ideally also replace other sensors that might be due for failure, as well as the injectors (but not super high on the list). 

Thank u and if you got the time you should! Get one step ahead for further problems right . Post it once u decided to do it all. Cheers buddy

So this past week has been quite eventful ...Started working on the all Gaskets Seals

Step 1 Remove Air Intake not having the bulky OEM Air box etc ahhh makes life so much more easier

nSPETs.jpg

Throttle Body Before & 

9YkzcY.jpg

After

6kW07E.jpg

eUFfHV.jpg

Hopefully no one kicks the bolts/screws over, bc that's the order they have to go back LOL

trOlz4.jpg

Intake manifold collectors YUCK! Before &

bAyDbg.jpg

JFs6TJ.jpg

After Cleaning

UrhkDE.jpg

The Infamous Screws

7ukI9O.jpg

Valve Covers Off!

Fj28lJ.jpg

IcJGd1.jpg

For a truck that drove good, i'm glad i did them. It seems like the dealer tried to hide stuff but using silicone on the Spark Plug Seals Ekkk.

Lp4DY3.jpg

VC arrived Beck/Arnley, open them up and what do you know they are OEM NISSAN Score! $530 CDN all in with shipping from Rock auto to Vancouver

Outside box

8qbD1A.jpg

Inside box

2SeVhQ.jpg

eA9O3u.jpg

Did Both the thermostat and water valve, drained the coolant since everything was apart next. i didn't remove the fuel line/injectors, did it somewhat blind in a tight spot but still managed.

PEuRdg.jpg

Decided to not go any further down, still have the Rear main seals etc to do. Cleaned the Intake manifold from above and used air pressure to shoot it back up and dry.

New Valve Covers back on..have to go to Nissan to get those blow by breather hoses since they were hard as a rock

3emRwh.jpg

As for now just waiting for our long weekend to be over so i can grab couple more hoses for the lower manifold and finish also probably slap on new drive belts too while I'm at it, since i have them already............future plans is to basically installs these finally one day LOL

B9Vsj1.jpg

Kick back and enjoy :) to be contnued

a9Atzd.jpg

awafsz.jpg

Edited by PATHYNDH
  • Like 2

Are you planning on OME HD front springs PLUS a 1" spacer? That might end up pushing it as you'll see. I currently run OME HD front springs plus a 0.5" spacer and I found that was the max I could go. That was after a year of letting the OME HD springs settle out first.

• Like 2