Maf sensor plug/idle surge and stall

Teesetz

94 is giving me intermittent idle surge and stalling at idle. I am hoping I have found the culprit and it’s not iAc. Any thoughts are welcome. Got a new connector coming, going to start there. c30c77f2d45731b55d7407fa23376253.jpg

d852dbe4bc27cf9572616ec2720fd739.jpg

The MAF connector is a common trouble point on these, possibly because they get reefed on when people check the air filter. Recently mine started having a stumble just off-idle. Breathe on the throttle and it would try to die, but then catch itself. I found that pressing on the MAF connection cleared it up, so I unplugged it, tweaked the female pins in the plug to tighten them up a little, and stuck it back together. Good so far.

• Like 1

I did the same thing, and added a clean ground to one of the seemingly random bolts in the engine bay next to the MAF off of the new plug that I wired in. Not that I had an idle issue other than a super dirty IA and the requisite stumble while getting off of the highway.

Thanks for the info! I took off the MAF and housing and gave it a good cleaning. I also switched back to a wix filter because I’d heard horror stories of the knandn getting oil on the maf, crap sticking to it, and sending fooey voltage. Also cleaned about 2 shop towels worth of carbon build up from the throttle body housing. Running like a top now.