255 70 16 stock suspension

Hi all, I just wanted to share a quick video i made of my 2001 Pathfinder with new Falcon AT3W’s on stock suspension. The reason for this is I found a lot of conflicting information on if you will rub or not by going up a size from 255/65/16 to 255/70/16.

The tires fit like a glove and don’t rub at all.

00c065308b43ce144c7eeb0db4c54358.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi all, I just wanted to share a quick video i made of my 2001 Pathfinder with new Falcon AT3W’s on stock suspension. The reason for this is I found a lot of conflicting information on if you will rub or not by going up a size from 255/65/16 to 255/70/16.

The tires fit like a glove and don’t rub at all.

00c065308b43ce144c7eeb0db4c54358.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The at3w size is larger than the same size tire of different brand. So your tire size might be smaller with a ko2. Really, there is no real way of knowing with all manufacturers unless trying the tire you want. Another note is the LT at3w has much deeper tread than SL and XL.

Sent from my Pathfinder

Good video, they look like nice tires. I’m sure this video will help inform people who find themselves in similar situations- It’s a common and popular question. I have 32x11.5 LT’s and they’re pretty darn aggressive. I’ll also echo some of the comments above. 

I think there’s conflicting information for a lot of reasons. Not everyone owns identical R50’s per se.... There’s at least two different steering racks available to R50’s. Different rim options have different backspacing. Different vehicles have different levels wear on their stock suspension. There are different strut part numbers for each generation, different mudflap setups, and different front end weights when the engines changed. Also, some people would consider it rubbing if you can’t cycle the suspension and steering in all directions.....all that to say there’s plenty of room for discrepancies. 

Keep sharing!

• Like 1