Permanently Seal Sunroof

Gmar11

Hey everyone, my sunroof is pissing water all over the interior. It's likely the drainage holes but the previous owner destroyed the sunroof and it only tilts so I cannot get to the drainage holes. I never use the sunroof and don't particularly care to chase down parts and take it all apart etc etc so I'm going to just silicone seal the sunroof. 

My question mainly is, does anyone know where the sunroof relay/fuses are so I can permanently mechanically stop the sunroof from opening after I seal this bad boy off? I was thinking there is probably a switch i can disconnect under the over head console. 

BONUS:

Also same question for the cars antenna, I never use it and just bluetooth music but as soon as I turn the radio on the antenna comes up and looks very 1980s. 

The service manual for your year should have that circuit and mechanism laid out, hopefully well enough that you can see what to unplug or how to get past whatever the PO did to it to blow the drains out. If the silicone leaks, and the drains are still blocked, you've got a lovely little cavity for rust to fester and rot your roof out.

I didn't know the R50s still had wind-up antennas! Should be easy enough to unplug the actuator inside the fender, or there may be a separate power antenna amp like there is on the WD21. Again, service manual's your friend here.

On 5/21/2020 at 1:19 PM, RainGoat said:

I don’t think the U.S ones did but there are definitely non-U.S. models that did.

My 02 QX4 did, however it never worked when I owned it, and it was only 13 years old when it got to me. I've seen a couple with them since, but the standard antennas seem far more common.

• Like 1

My 02 QX4 did

How funny, I had forgotten that was an ‘02 Q option. I know the ‘01s & ‘02s pretty well since I spent over a year contemplating before my purchase. Must have been considered “luxury”

@Slartibartfast 

Thanks! My truck didn't come with any manuals from the PO, I believe he got it from an auction because there was still the auction tags on the key ring he gave me. It didn't start leaking until I pressure washed the @!*% out of the roof from all the tree sap we get here in Texas. I don't think it'll leak again, I did a pretty good job with the silicone install so hopefully all is well. If it leaks I'll just throw some flex seal on it, this is my wheeling/camping truck so I kind of abuse it.