VG33 exhaust???

Not really. The VG33 has cats mounted to the exhaust manifolds and your WD21 simply isn't built to have them there. The rest of the exhaust is no better either. 

With mine, I have a VG33 with VG30 manifolds. Stock pipes to the cat. My cat had failed long ago so I had a Magnaflow cat with a 2.25" pipe and turbo muffler installed from the stock cat location out to the back. The real restrictions are in the heads rather than the exhaust. 

If you want to change it. Get Doug Thorley headers (or pacesetters if you're cheap), and build a custom 2.25" exhaust. I wouldn't say it turned it into a race car, but I did notice that it doesn't struggle as much on the highway with bigger tires.

• Like 2

I got pacesetters last year, yes they are half the price of doug thorleys not being ceramic coated however there are a couple things you can do to mitigate the rusting and failure of those beautiful pipes, there’s a high heat paint called Por-20 that you can brush on , and eastwood makes a product that’s specifically for coating the inside pipes and other exhaust pieces like your y-pipe. Comes in a spray can with a long hose that’s perforated at the end so you get get coverage. I went a couple steps further with my pacesetters and gave them exhaust wrap and then sprayed on a high temp silicone spray to further protect the wrap, wrapping your headers will void the warranty but I think with the Por-20 on first you should get more longitivity. When they come shipped they are sprayed with a cheap thin layer of black gloss paint that immediately burns off as soon as you install them. 70cecec7394624251d7ba08a42522d42.jpg22e6536b05685e9ae33ed9585f2ddc95.jpg

Cut all that crap heat shielding out of there, I used a dremel and just grinded off the bolt heads. Take your time loosening those undersized 8mm exhaust studs. Spray them down with weasel piss every day for a few days before attempting to wrench them out, I have never had any fun drilling and tapping out busted exhaust studs. A good method its to crack them tighten it back up wrench it some more tighten back up taking small bites before spinning the stud all the way out. Yes it’s tedious but trust me the alternative is much more time consuming

I don’t have my motor rebuilt yet however it’s been claimed headers will give you a 10% hp improvement being one of the cheapest upgrades you can do, Very Clean looking Pathfinder btw, somehow the paint has stood the test of time, I have the pin striping on mine as well I think it compliments the aggressive wheel well design of the body, I’m sorry if I hijacked your wheel thread lol, if it’s any consolation I have a cheap chrome exhaust tip on mine and it isn’t classy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On my first set they fit ok, but the second set I had to heat up and bend the egr tube to make it fit. For all the pissing around I did, I just bought thorleys for my new pathfinder.