Hello World!

I recently stumbled across something that i could not pass up. A 2001 R50 Pathfinder 4x4 for $1250 with 327K miles and a Manual transmission on Craigslist.  After a Sunday test drive and easy haggling it was mine for $900 and paid for the following day.  It needs a new clutch, desperately, but i was able to make the 10 mile trip home with my wife and kids following behind me in our 2012 Grand Caravan.  After parking it i discovered that it was purchased from the dealer with a factory LSD! I Also got $500-600 worth of future replacement parts(struts, thermostat w/housing, radiator). I have wanted something to do weekend getaways in Arizona just me and the pup and i found it. I plan on doing small upgrades to the suspension, new tires, and any maintenance it needs before it becomes my DD.

This is my 3rd Nissan, with a 2004 Sentra and and 1984 720 extended cab 4x4 coming before this. I am a do-it-yourself kind of person and can turn a wrench when needed. My mother would call me a shade tree mechanic. I don't get out much with the wife and kids but hope to after buying this rig.

Forums have been a great tool for me for information and how to for many of the vehicles i have owned. My daily is currently a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline that is terrible for a family of 5 and was bought as a project car not a DD. I plan to park the Redline once i get the Pathfinder up and running and return it to project status.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...