Rear springs?

MTGunner

I realize that this topic has been discussed to great ends but need to ask. My 2000 Pathfinder 4x4 has a bit of sag in the rear springs, not real bad but probably OEM springs. I have decided that I do not really want a lift but more load support. Having said this, what replacement rear springs will give me at most a 1/2” lift to bring it up and support a bit more load. I do plan to tow a 10’ utility trailer on occasion. Also, where to purchase at best price. Thanks for the input and patience. MTG

Could install airlift 1000, just pump up when gonna tow and air down when not. If ur gonna install heavier springs the rear will get higher.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You could get new MOOG stock replacement springs which will be less saggy than the worn out factory springs. 

But for serious towing you’ll have to go with heavier springs or airbags. I’m wondering if you could maybe use Land Rover 9449 springs with one or two coils cut. They are heavy duty springs so they would be perfect for the weight, and once they are cut they theoretically wouldn’t make the rear ride too high. Maybe something to look into. The website to get them would be LRdirect, last time I checked a set of 9449s were about 90 bucks shipped to your door, which is pretty solid when you have international shipping involved

I recommend a pair of airbags will meet your needs that best. 

I put a pair of air lift helper springs in my Sorento a couple years ago to help the tired springs and give a bit more load handling. Have been working fine and cost less than new springs. Lets me pump them up a bit more when loaded and let a bit out when empty to help keep the ride good. The ones I got were Air Lift 1000 that I got on Amazon for about $80 and an hour or so to install, but I did it at work so was easier thanks to the lift. 

Edited by Mr_Reverse

Ordered the Moog rear springs in lieu of the airbags as I do very little towing with my Pathfinder. The only towing would be very short hauls. Do not care for airbags as had them on my 2000 F250 and were always a pain. The Moog springs should be sufficient. Thanks for the help. MTG

• Like 1

Installed new Moog springs this AM. Checked universal joints, all good. Replaced fuel filter. No problems. This 2000 Pathfinder is so nice to work on as there is no rust, very little dirt and all bolts and nuts came off so easily. There is no visablevsag and the ride is nice and firm. 

Now, I am considering Airlift 1000 airbags. Watched a video and installation seems simple. Whereas I do very little towing I may wait some time to install. Thanks all for the input. MTG