Stay at home.......bored....

MTGunner

This stay at home ruling by MT governor Steve Bullock can be truly boring AND a bit too crazy for me. Therefore, going out to my shop. Turning on the radio. Going to remove the factory running boards, mud flaps and fender flares. Then commence to sanding all plus the lower part of each side in preparation to coat with truck bed coating. Does it need this? NO. Do I want this? Yes. Need has nothing to do with want. I want it this way to defend against rock chips, cow crap, mud and various other little gremlins that are throw around when off-roading. Am I nuts???? Yep! But I like the coverage and the way it looks. Have done this to other rigs and has held up great. Who knows what little problems I may come across during this process? Good time to be working on my 2000 Pathfinder. 

Stay busy and please be safe. Keep your family safe. MTG

• Like 2

some people still chooses to go out and party and others choose to throw a ball in the air and catch it in their house. but going out to a shop that you and only you goto during this time is great choice to keep buys but also stay safe from the public where you have the chance of getting sick. im doing the same thing im doing a rad swap, fan swap, filters, timing belt, seals and all this coming week or so. opening spotify and wrenching stuff is going to be what saves me from boredom this coming weeks. and i suggest heating the area first with an electric heat gun or something along those lines. every time ive ever heated my area and then painted helped a lot with it curing to the primer and the primer to the object. 

I think you're nuts if you don't. 

My WD21 is 300km away at another property and I can't go and work on it due to lockdown.

I live in a small unit & have a single garage which currently has my half-restored dodge dart and my Harley electraglide parked perpendicular in front of the dodge.…. So full I can't even move in there.

It's real sucky so If you have the room and means to do things, remember that I am jealous…. And enjoy!

Been doing the same thing to pass the time. Garage is small but still usable.

I’m out of town right now but when I get back the roof basket is going on and I’ll be working on getting all of the fluids changed 

I am still going to work 5 days per week. I am an auto mechanic so one of the "essential" workers. So after I put in my 8 to 6 day, I go home and read, sometimes watch something and sleep. Utah is one of the few states that is still allowing people out if they keep things reasonable. Our governor says the demographics make a one size fits all mandate unreasonable. So it was left to the counties and cities to decide how much they are going to limit our freedoms.

So if I am not working on my truck on Thursdays ( one of my off days) or doing some other chores after being lazy and sleeping in, I am able to isolate myself in my truck and drive around. The last 2 Sundays I managed to stay in until noon, then I went out and drove up a local canyon into the mountains. Played in the mud and snow a bit, burned off some ammo doing some target shooting, picked up about 40 pounds of spent brass (folks here are getting a little stir crazy and the ranges are either closed or have lines, so they have discovered the fun of outdoor shooting on public land) and generally relaxed. I have reaffirmed that .40 S&W is a round that simply doesn't excite me. I need to find a 357 Sig barrel for my Sig P239 and see what that does. Still have ammo for the 9's, 380's, .45 ACP, .45 Colt, and .22's, even the .223. But for the most part, been having just as much fun with the lowly .22 rimfires as I do with the center fires. The ammo is cheaper too, so it is mostly just the little ones that are getting used. 

• Like 2

In some ways I am. I do love the freedoms of living in the USA and Utah is one of the best states in my opinion. Great variety of terrain, only lacking a sea shore, and enjoys more personal freedoms than most of the country. We even have an official state gun! The 1911 creator John Moses Browning was from Ogden Utah, and created it here about a 20 min drive from where I currently live. 

Edited by Mr_Reverse
  • Like 3

I'm lucky to have my pathfinder and my car here, so I can wrench on both at the same time. I dropped the X off at a friends shop a few weeks ago so he could work on rebuilding the rockers. It's pretty much done now but I can't go pick it up...

At least by the end of this we all should have some pretty clean and well maintained rigs lol.

• Like 1