Corona Lockdown in your area?

FirstGenFreak

Just wondering how everyone is faring in the current situation.

I'm in Melbourne Australia and we are only really just starting to ramp up the lockdowns.

No one seems to be taking the warning for distancing seriously - 100s of people still flocking to beaches etc... 

I took my Harley out on Saturday (didn't stop anywhere populated and took my own lunch) for what will be my last non-commuting ride for quite some time. 

I am fortunate to be still in work but plenty of us are doing it hard over here.

How are things where you are from?

I hope every one makes it through in one piece. 

• Like 1

Here in Michigan lots of people are staying inside like they're supposed to, but there's also plenty who aren't. I work fast food and that's considered "essential" so I still have some income thankfully, although reduced hours. It's strange not driving to class or anywhere else. Getting lots cleaned around the house and hoping to kill some time with wiring projects on the 4Runner soon.

3 hours ago, Dozzerwd21 said:

California is out of toilet paper, baby wipes, and water. Everything besides half the business being closed its fairly normal around.

I'm a bit outside of the Seattle area and it's the same. Everyone seems to be doing a good job with social distancing/sheltering other than for grocery shopping/walks. I'm still working, both from home and having to go in to support unfortunately. Happy to have a job that's flexible though, some aren't doing as well with the shutdown of non-essential businesses.

• Like 1

Local Co-op is closed only gas pumps are open, walmart has isles only moving one way theres lines up outside another store and smaller stores only allow 1 family member and if small enough 1 person at a time. Tims and mc Ds are drive thru only. lordco auto parts has floor stickers you must stand on when talking to the people at the desk and at the register about 6 feet away and meat is selling out faster then the new iphone. overall not the worst as other places are on complete lock down but we still are getting the deep end up here in British Columbia. the great white north is coming down with the cold.

Edited by Strato_54

I'm a bit outside of the Seattle area and it's the same. Everyone seems to be doing a good job with social distancing/sheltering other than for grocery shopping/walks. I'm still working, both from home and having to go in to support unfortunately. Happy to have a job that's flexible though, some aren't doing as well with the shutdown of non-essential businesses.
I'm in North Central Texas, its not quite as bad here. It does seem that it's all of the "leftys" are grabbing all of the TP and water above food.. I live well outside a large metropolitan area and they're freaking out. It's calm around here, it'd be better if I could keep the misses offa' Facebook. Shes telling me everywhere close where new cases are just popping up.. Just irritating, I gotta hear it from the lamestream media, from my alternative sources for news and my wife... It's absolutely maddening!!!

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Strato_54 said:

Tims and mc Ds are drive thru only. lordco auto parts has floor stickers you must stand on when talking to the people at the desk and at the register about 6 feet away

Same here. The auto parts stores seem more sanitary than the fast food joints to me lol.

For those of you still going out to eat, don't forget, even if the employees at the drive-thru are wearing gloves, those gloves just touched the credit card of the person behind you, then your drink, and the next person's card, then their drink, and the next person's card, then their drink...matters a bit more now, but that's something to think about always - money and cards are gross!

• Like 1

I’m in north Georgia and most local small businesses are all closed. Local restaurants are struggling and the streets are nowhere near as busy as usual. My job is intact as we blow mold toner bottles which go to hospitals, however toner bottles are maybe 5% of our sales, the rest is small engine fuel tanks for Honda and Honda is on lockdown due to a SARS2 outbreak. I expect to see our operations go down to a skeleton crew soon..

I’m planning on building an AR15 with the stimulus cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

My boss is not coping with it well. He has cancelled all meetings at work and locked himself in the office. He also opened all of the doors and has the air-conditioning running cold full-time. It's 9 degrees in our factory, and even wearing 4 layers and a beanie we are all shivering cold. 

He is sitting there soaking up all the media coverage and plugging all of the worldwide death figures into a pivot table and trying to model what will happen in the next 100 days. He told me and a colleague that statistically 2 people at our workplace will get it and die.... A real ray of sunshine!

Pretty quiet out here in eastern Washington. Non-essentials are mostly shut down. There are three confirmed cases in the county so far, and it's a big county, and we're at what is currently a pretty remote end of it. We're doing alright, but I'm worried about friends and family. I know a lot of old people and I have family on the west side.

My Nana tested positive in her care home and is now in hospice. The family's not allowed to visit.

Stay safe out there, and call your old folks.

Boise Idaho reporting in.   Shelter in place order was only issued last week.  I'd say about 3/4 of the population here are still considered "essential", just from the traffic alone. 

Up to 300ish cases in my county.   I'm still at work.   Have an engineering internship at a manufacturer of agricultural semi trailers.   

So outside of all my classes going to online only, and my gym being closed for nearly a month now, life really isn't much different. 

2 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Boise Idaho reporting in.   Shelter in place order was only issued last week.  I'd say about 3/4 of the population here are still considered "essential", just from the traffic alone. 

Up to 300ish cases in my county.   I'm still at work.   Have an engineering internship at a manufacturer of agricultural semi trailers.   

So outside of all my classes going to online only, and my gym being closed for nearly a month now, life really isn't much different. 

How have I never noticed you on this forum yet? Treasure Valley NPORA members are few and far between. I'm out closer to Nampa/Caldwell now, but lived most my life in Boise.

And ya, lots of essential businesses staying open, though colleges and schools all shut down. Golf course that I work at part time is open, and the grocery stores are way too full. We also got hit with an earthquake about 70-100 miles north of Boise/Meridian-6.5. Talk about doomsday haha, it was supposedly felt in 7 States from Montana to Washington.

7 minutes ago, PathyDude17 said:

How have I never noticed you on this forum yet? Treasure Valley NPORA members are few and far between. I'm out closer to Nampa/Caldwell now, but lived most my life in Boise.

And ya, lots of essential businesses staying open, though colleges and schools all shut down. Golf course that I work at part time is open, and the grocery stores are way too full. We also got hit with an earthquake about 70-100 miles north of Boise/Meridian-6.5. Talk about doomsday haha, it was supposedly felt in 7 States from Montana to Washington.

Ha! I've been a member for a long time, but tend to only pop on here every few years it seems.  

Yep, that earthquake was something else.  First one I've ever experienced.  Seemed very fitting as an ending to March.   Just hoping it isn't a precursor to Yellowstone exploding in April. 

• Like 1

Almost 300 cases here. I'm in IT so am considered essential although we still don't get any respect lol. Most people seem to be following the rules but there have been reports of people out. I'm hoping we can still have some wheeling events this year.

Governor of Utah said the state is too varied for a one-size-fits-none and is leaving a lot of the restrictions to the local governments of the counties and cities. It does cause some confusion for the idiots and invaders from California, but for the rest of us is just enough to keep us from rebellion for now. If it goes on for another month, I believe all bets will be off and the people will say bite-me and go back to life. Where I am in Davis county north of Salt Lake, a lot of closures, but still able to go out and go for walks and drives within the area. 

• Like 2

Here in Melbourne we can drive to work or the shops, walk around the block and that is it. Stay inside your home otherwise.

Easter is a long weekend here and the police presence is already building, they have dumped sand in skateparks, put boulders in boat ramps and entrances to campgrounds etc etc. 
Plenty of idiots will ruin it for the guys doing the right thing though. $1600 fine if you're caught. I sure can't afford that so I'll be at home climbing the walls for 4 days.
Take care all.  

Dozzer it is legit. A learner driver got a $1600 fine for being out on a driving lesson with her mother, cop deemed it non-essential travel... BAM. 
With all the job losses etc no-one can afford it either, so best to stay at home. Also 2 housemates playing cricket in the street, 10 m apart, 1600 each. 

Dozzer it is legit. A learner driver got a $1600 fine for being out on a driving lesson with her mother, cop deemed it non-essential travel... BAM. 
With all the job losses etc no-one can afford it either, so best to stay at home. Also 2 housemates playing cricket in the street, 10 m apart, 1600 each. 
I would threaten to take it all the way to jury court and settle somewhere down the line before the actual court lol

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Not too far from adamzan we here in Montrèal, Canada have been on full lockdown for the last 6 weeks. No bars, restaurants, public parks, playgrounds, events, churches or schools of any type are allowed to be open. Period. 6 foot-rule is in effect on every square inch of the province with restricted travel even for essential workers. Don't have an authorization letter to travel to another county? BAM! $6000 fine. The lady in the SUV in front of me at the highway exit was pissed and yelling at the officer for getting a fine on Good Friday. Maybe she should have stayed home.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

"Essential Worker" here... whatever that means.... Work hours up SUBSTANTIALLY, personal life, in any and all fashion, pretty much non-existent at this point... if either of those scenarios are even possible!

I believe there are a few cases within the county, more one county over, including Veteran's Home deaths. :(

On 4/27/2020 at 3:27 PM, SpecialWarr said:

Not too far from adamzan we here in Montrèal, Canada have been on full lockdown for the last 6 weeks. No bars, restaurants, public parks, playgrounds, events, churches or schools of any type are allowed to be open. Period. 6 foot-rule is in effect on every square inch of the province with restricted travel even for essential workers. Don't have an authorization letter to travel to another county? BAM! $6000 fine. The lady in the SUV in front of me at the highway exit was pissed and yelling at the officer for getting a fine on Good Friday. Maybe she should have stayed home.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

They are not stopping people randomly here yet, I still go for a drive once a week, this isn't North Korea lol. I really wish they would have stopped the quebeccers from coming here, as we are not allowed to go there. Always seems to be a one way street with that province.

The long term care homes are getting hit hard for obvious reasons. The one my Nonna is in they just tested everyone and so far so good.

Yes, Ruiz foods here in Dinuba Ca one of the largest frozen burrito factory was in the news. Employees have tested positive for covid-19, but they still are continuing to operate.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk