New airbag recall 2001-2004 Pathfinders

dezm

Just got the following notice in the mail from Nissan Canada. According to my vehicles service history they already had performed a recall service a while back. There is apparently an updated fix available. Worth calling your local dealer if you didn't get this in the mail!

0lFxrdjl.jpg

Did a lot of Takata airbag replacements while I was at the dealership. I did notice a report a while back that in some cars, the replacement inflators are being recalled for the same problems the originals had. 

I always was suspicious of the whole idea of putting an explosive device a couple feet in front of me for my safety. Now, the average car/light truck has an average of 6-10 explosive devices packed around the occupants and they still have issues with them. 

Did a lot of reprogramming of the airbag control modules in Frontiers, Xterras, and Titans because it was discovered that when the truck was tilted far enough and hit a bump right, it would think that it was rolling over and fire all the airbags and pretensioners off. Was told that it kinda ruined a trail run when it happens. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1