2/92 SE centerlink

DoomAge

Hey, 

first post here, new member. I have a 2/92 SE and i cant find a centerlink that fits in my pitman arm..ive bought 2. 2nd one asked seller if it would be a sure fit, they said yes..does not. 
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

The Rockauto parts finder shows a different centerlink after 7 or 8/'92. The tie rod end tapers and the pitman-side centerlink taper got bigger for the later years. Yours should have the earlier (smaller taper) parts, so if you're trying to fit a later centerlink, the driver's side joint will be too large for the pitman and the TREs will be too small for the centerlink. Looks like the only centerlink RA has that'll fit your truck is ACDelco 45B1153. If you want to look elsewhere, you might try searching for a '91 centerlink to avoid the changeover-year uncertainty.

Thanks, ill look again but i think i checked the part numbers on both the 91 and 92 and i think they were the same on RA. What you are describing is exactly what im dealing with though. Any other places to look for the earlier, smaller taper center links?

I just looked again, the '92 listing shows a bunch of the new style links and also the ACDelco I noted before, and '91 shows only the ACD. ('87-90 show yet another set of part numbers, so, that's weird. Maybe there's a third type?) I haven't needed to track down an older link so I'm not much help beyond that.