lower ball joint

tack

re; sorry, its a 1987 pathfinder

hello, my truck has been disassembled for a few months and I forgot how the lower ball joints go in. Do they go on top of the control arm or on bottom, and do they face up or down..

tks

dumdum

Edited by tack
forgot to add year

Hello, yes this is a 1991 Mazda b2600 cab. It was a 2wd and it fit like a glove on the pathfinder. I couldn't believe it. The bed I'm planning a flat bed, most of it will be taken up by a toolbox that fits all the way across the back.. I'm almost finished, rebuilding front end right now. Speaking of which, there's a dust seal, #40227 in the image and the parts people cant find it. These seals still available? 

Thanks 

FT.jpg

Never seen one on the few Aussie cars I have pulled apart, I think as long as you have your hub seal (40232) in place you should be okay.

You could run a bead of rtv between the knuckle/stub axle and dust shield if you are concerned. 

Anyone else seen this?

Edited by FirstGenFreak

Thanks all

I found the seal, found out nissan part numbers are slightly off, instead of the 40227 number it ended up being 40228-31G00

playing around with the bed some today, think i'll try this instead of a flat bed

bed.jpg

• Like 3

Hey sure thing, not at home right now. I'll get some more pics up tonight.. my picture posting size was decreased after I posted my first picture. I probably broke a rule on size, anyway

I'm now limited to just 20k in size on the photos.

Photos on this forum are a little different than what you're probably used to, you have to host them externally. There's a few different how-to's and informational threads, here's one:

oh okay then,  I see what you mean, now it says I'm only able to upload a 10kb file... lol

thanks for that info.  I'll have to find somethin ...  I'm an idiot