p0325 no SES light

Strato_54

For years on end the SES light has been on. back in july it finally turned off on its own and has been off since. when i turn the car on it comes on then once its started it goes away. i was borrowing a scanner from my buddy and was curious if anything would come up and i got a bank 1 knock sensor code and when i deleted it and restarted the car it would come back but still no SES light or anything. it runs perfectly fine no issues that would be from this sensor. should i worry about it since theres no problems surfacing?

According to the service manual: "The MIL will not light for knock sensor malfunction." (From EC-320). For the most part it helps to detect pinging and helps with misfire detection. So it's not the end of the world if you don't have a functioning knock sensor, but in certain circumstances it's good to have.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, jjmwilkinson said:

According to the service manual: "The MIL will not light for knock sensor malfunction." (From EC-320). For the most part it helps to detect pinging and helps with misfire detection. So it's not the end of the world if you don't have a functioning knock sensor, but in certain circumstances it's good to have.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ok cool good to know. it drives perfectly fine and has 0 sign of misfire so by the sounds of it i should be fine. plus im not really in the mood to fix a stupid sensor since i just finished a top end rebuild on a ford 6.0 and now got a no start so working on cars and trucks is out of my mind at this time 

That makes three.  CA won't let a car stay on the road if it throws any codes and it has to be checked every other year.  Fortunately, they don't look under the hood, so they don't know the knock sensor is elsewhere.  If I remember correctly from the past readings, it is not a good idea to drive with a bad sensor because the ECU allegedly retards the  timing.

Only retards timing while it is detecting knock. Otherwise, it happily keeps on the programming and couldn't care less. That's why people don't notice any problems other than the MIL being on. 

Where I am, it takes a lot for detonation to happen. Between the low compression of the VG33, 4500+ ft elevation, and E10 fuel, it takes a lot of heat, high load, and an intake leak to get any preignition going on in my truck. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 8:09 PM, CALPATHY said:

That makes three.  CA won't let a car stay on the road if it throws any codes and it has to be checked every other year.  Fortunately, they don't look under the hood, so they don't know the knock sensor is elsewhere.  If I remember correctly from the past readings, it is not a good idea to drive with a bad sensor because the ECU allegedly retards the  timing.

here in BC we have inspection but ots only once when you get it insured and never again unless you need to get it reinsured