I'm new to npora but not pathys

95wd2196r50

Sup yall.im sam with a 96 r50.ive had a few wd21s before the r50 and man the difference.lookin forward to buggin everyone about some issues I'm having!.obd2 port not workin,dash lights not comin on with the headlights,wiring schematics,what will and won't swap with wd's.....it just keeps goin lol

i know 100% that you can swap the rear axles from the wd21 to gain disc brakes, but you also need to get a few other things from like a frontier or something like that. not too sure what else other then that

Most common problem with the OBD2 port is a blown fuse. I would have to look it up, but it is usually the fuse for the cigar lighter, aka power port. 

I assume you already tried turning the instrument light dimmer up. Do the marker lights turn on? Once again, start with simple stuff and check fuses. 

I find it truly amazing how similar they managed to make the R50 to the WD21 and still make very little a straight swap. 

Finally, the 96 to 99 Nissans were different with the OBD. You can get very basic information from the OBD2 port, but if you want more, you need a consult adapter and software.