No diamonds?

scutulatus

Hello all! My name is CJ (not a dude), I'm 27, and I live in the middle of cornfield central, Illinois.

I just purchased what is technically my second Nissan truck, an '87 Pathfinder SE. The first was a short lived '88 hardbody truck, but that's another story...

Before this, I've only owned Mitsubishis: '97 Galant, '91 Galant VR4, '90 Galant GSX, '89 Colt, and a first gen swb Montero for a second. 

I was actually looking for another Montero but this Pathfinder happened to pop up at the right time and not far from where I'm at, so a friend and I drove to check it out and here it is.

hItWoDn.jpg

P/O said this was his second one and seemed to have a soft spot for them, so took decent care of it as far as I can tell. It came from Massachusetts, but has been in the midwest for a while and as such, it does have rust. The body has 207k; the engine 130k. He relocated the oil filter and threw headers on it when the engine was swapped. It ran pretty well in my opinion on the two hour drive home. I'm not planning on doing anything crazy with it until I get to know it better and learn some more, so it's just daily duty/maintenance mode for now. There are some issues I'd like to get into and as mentioned, I've only had Mitsus so I'm very much a noob when it comes to these, but I am excited to learn and I'm hoping this forum and the fsm can help with that. It'll be nice to work on something again after not having a car for some time. Looking forward to seeing where this can take me!

• Like 2