Pathy NOOB here

Daddybender

Recently picked up a new (to me) '93 SE with 220k miles on the clock for $900.  Had to drive 3 hours to get to it.

Was a theft recovery vehicle.  The ba$tards busted the ignition, stole the battery, and punched a hole in the tank.

I replaced the ignition, battery, and repaired the blown fusible links first trip, THEN found the hole in the tank.  Had a buddy with car trailer haul it back to his shop where we installed a new fuel tank and pump, installed the new brakes on rear axle, flushed some funky crap out of the clutch master cylinder.  There was a new fuel filter in the back, so I installed that as well.  Fired her up and she ran like a top!!!

Previous owner had replaced front brakes and wheel bearings,  fan and fan clutch, wp/timing belt/thermostat, ALL coolant hoses, harmonic balancer and pulleys, front crank seal, front cam seals, and changed all the drivetrain fluids.  He had purchased new rotors/pads/calipers for the rear, but it got stolen before he got to doing that job.  Those also got done before I brought her home from my friend's place.

She's a redhead, through and through.  No cracked windshield.  No dents.  No rust.  The carpet isn't even worn under the pedals.  EVERYTHING works.  All the power windows, both power mirrors, map lights, hatch popper.  Hell.  Even the factory alarm system works.  Wiring hasn't been hacked into anywhere.

A couple issues have reared up in the three weeks I've been driving her, but that's for another thread.

Hopefully I'll get to put some miles on her for a while.

-Bender

• Like 3