How to reset service vehicle light?

MTGunner

Service vehicle light came on. Stopped at Autozone, they checked to find NO codes. I am assuming this is the normal dealer light that illuminates when oil, transmission, etc. needs service. I just changed oil, transmission and differentials have been serviced within 1000 miles. Plugs have been changed, air cleaner element replaced, brakes replaced, etc. Cannot think of anything that needs service. 

So, how does one reset the service vehicle lamp in the upper right hand corner of the odometer display. I disconnected battery for 2 hours. No change. Pathfinder runs great. No problems that I currently know of. MTG

The R50 Pathfinders do not have service reminder lights.

Can you post a pic of the light? If it is the engine light, you definitely have a stored code, or if not your ECM is probably messed up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If the light says “Service Engine Soon”, this is called the Malfunction Indicator Light and is triggered by a fault in systems that affect driveability and emissions. The error code can be read by an OBDII scanner. Usually disconnecting the battery resets the error stored in the powertrain control module unless there is a pretty severe malfunction. This would typically be observed by poor driveability. 

OK, light went off on its’ Own. XPLORx4, no issues regarding drivability that I can discern. I had the code read at Autozone. Nothing found. The indicator light is at the very top left of the odometer housing. Off now! Will keep an eye on things. MTG