Hey all, 

I know there are a few topics on this, but I'm feeling a little lost. I know very little about lifts and suspension work and I'm taking this opportunity to get some education. 

I want to lift my R50 at least 3", however, I kind of want to lift it the highest possible without breaching a crazy cost/labour threshold. 

1. what parts would you recommend?
  2. is there a relatively complete package I can use/tweak?
  3. at what height do I need to start worrying about joint angles etc.? Should these be replaced, and is it relatively easy?
  4. what is the process for installing manual hubs? Recommendations on parts? 

Thanks a bunch!

Joe

I've never put on a SFD or know what is involved besides reading some threads on this forum.

But if you are wanting to do most of the work yourself, want it to be cheap, and have no access to a mechanic familiar with installing SFDs, I think a standard spring lift is easier.

I did my own about 10 years ago except for assembling the strut package because the new springs were so strong. It was very easy to do if you are comfortable with basic wrenching.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm supposed to get my 2.5" front spacer and landrover rear springs which would give me an overall lift of 2-2.5" according to item descriptions and other people experiences. I guess basically as soon as you lift, you introduce bigger angles at the driveshafts so automatically more strain on the joints. I encountered prematurely ripping boots at 3-3.5" lift so I guess this time it's gonna be a bit les frequent boot change....

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I don’t believe there are any SFD kits commercially available currently. 

There are 2 guys on here that might eventually come out with one. There is no ETA for this as far as I know.

Most I’ve seen are completely custom. 

So if you want to lift today with parts off the shelf. 2 inches is the safe maximum using longer springs. Shock and strut replacement is recommended at the same time. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 12:22 AM, Gmar11 said:

Where can I find more information on the sfd or kits for them? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/search?q=SFD+site%3Anissanpathfinders.net&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS759US759&oq=SFD+site%3Anissanpathfinders.net&aqs=chrome..69i57.6710j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

As @DonutHands said there are no kits currently available, but a couple guys on the forum will be producing a very high quality kit at some point in the (nearish?) future.

• 1 month later...

Just done my lift. Installed 2.5" spacers up front and landrover coils at the rear. Got a good 15" from the ground to my side steps. Overall pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I'll see how it handles the road.83983901f24412466c95f82af89efaf2.jpg

• Like 1

Does anyone know where I can get used fender flares for a 2001? I'm not in the US so I can't really walk into a salvage yard. I saw Rockauto.com does have them but $125 a pop.....way more than what I was hoping.