Switch / Switch cover sizes

Strato_54

Quick and short question. How big are the switch blanks. I want to know for when im buying switches and just to make sure that im getting the right measurements when im cutting mine out for my own switches. But even better, would this switch here fit in side of the in dash switch spots? Unable to go to my shop for a few days where my car is stored so i cant take my own measurements. Thanks

EDIT: switch linked above size listed as       5.1 x 2.5 x 4.1 cm

Edited by Strato_54

Quick and short question. How big are the switch blanks. I want to know for when im buying switches and just to make sure that im getting the right measurements when im cutting mine out for my own switches. But even better, would this switch here fit in side of the in dash switch spots? Unable to go to my shop for a few days where my car is stored so i cant take my own measurements. Thanks

EDIT: switch linked above size listed as       5.1 x 2.5 x 4.1 cm

Personally I don’t like those style switches. They are too bulky and look out of place.

Sent from my Pathfinder

47 minutes ago, Mrelcocko said:

I've got switches galore for Nissan's. What exactly are you looking for?

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Light bar switches, rear aux light switches and what not. Got any pictures?

The body of the switch you linked to looks a lot like the Niles switches in mine. The measurements don't match any dimension of my spare fog light switch, but they don't show any diagrams of where those measurements came from, so they could've measured the box for all I know. Amusing that the their image for an SUV in the last picture appears to be a two-door WD21.

I went with OE fog light switches when I did the driving lights and rear aux lights on mine. Simple enough to wire up and they can't help but match the interior. If you've got the blank spots on your dash for them, that's what I'd use.

9 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

The body of the switch you linked to looks a lot like the Niles switches in mine. The measurements don't match any dimension of my spare fog light switch, but they don't show any diagrams of where those measurements came from, so they could've measured the box for all I know. Amusing that the their image for an SUV in the last picture appears to be a two-door WD21.

I went with OE fog light switches when I did the driving lights and rear aux lights on mine. Simple enough to wire up and they can't help but match the interior. If you've got the blank spots on your dash for them, that's what I'd use.

Alright. I have a few smaller switches that could fit into the blanks with a Dremel and glue but I was hoping to use a switch like that mainly because if the back lighting lmao 

22 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

They're cheap enough you could just order one and see if it fits. Worst case if it doesn't fit or looks like China threw up on your dash you're out $12.

Im getting a light bar to replace the 4 pod lights on my bumper becasue one doesnt work and theyre not very bright and the bar comes with a wiring kit and comes with a switch like that just different writing. Im just hoping i dont have to make my own switch panel somewhere since i have no room for it if i did

actually this is something i forgot to ask and might as well here. If i had lets say 5 switches in my dash and i wire them up the ignition wire that turns on the radio and it powers all 5 switches, but they all go to a relay is all that small wire good enough to just turn on a relay or does it need more then that? and same with the illumination wire that dims the radio. is that enough to power an LED backlight on a switch and only that?

Yes and yes. The relays don't require much power to operate. And the led lighting uses even less. 

If still concerned about adding loads, you can just add a power bus that is turned on by a relay triggered off an ignition circuit.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mr_Reverse said:

Yes and yes. The relays don't require much power to operate. And the led lighting uses even less. 

If still concerned about adding loads, you can just add a power bus that is turned on by a relay triggered off an ignition circuit.

alright cool. If i were to just run wires right from the battery i wouldnt have asked but since i want everything off when the ignition is off then asking about those tiny wires is a good thing to know in my books

Nissan,Suzuki,Subaru,Volvo etc. More Nissan than anything. Isuzu and Subaru switches will fit, Niles inc makes switches for several different car manufacturers. If found Suzuki switches some not all dont fit perfectly, but fit well enough to go unnoticed. 3ff9fe9bd6aad4596035dd45f65f1da6.jpg2c34317416ae8ac009b116ae8697d932.jpgd5fa3ac4d40663c1474bce2ddae262f8.jpg00a5277604fd80b8ceb07c0b8164964f.jpg84accab52c17fa33cfcb03be0a76acff.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mrelcocko said:

Nissan,Suzuki,Subaru,Volvo etc. More Nissan than anything. Isuzu and Subaru switches will fit, Niles inc makes switches for several different car manufacturers. If found Suzuki switches some not all dont fit perfectly, but fit well enough to go unnoticed. 3ff9fe9bd6aad4596035dd45f65f1da6.jpg2c34317416ae8ac009b116ae8697d932.jpgd5fa3ac4d40663c1474bce2ddae262f8.jpg00a5277604fd80b8ceb07c0b8164964f.jpg84accab52c17fa33cfcb03be0a76acff.jpg

omg wow thats a lot more then i thought jeez. now i know who to message when i need switches

• 2 months later...