Hello from Belize

R50Belize

HI there.

I'm new to the forum. Been lurking on the Facebook forum for awhile.

I purchased a 2001 Pathy LE 4x4 for our (wife & I) volunteer work in Belize. I bought it at auction in Washington state and drove it down to Belize.

I bought it with 200k now has 215k. I've changed out many of the sensort that go bad. Had the IACV go bad so I replaced that and then changed out the ECU with 1 from a 2001 QX4.

I've also put in new shocks and struts. I upgraded to stiffer ones as most of the roads here in Belize would qualify as "off-roading" by most standards.

I've recently had a recurring code.for O2 sensors so I got a set of Evil Energy O2 spacers, not yet installed.

Next on my list is to change out the rear bushings or trailing arms.

I can fix most things on a vehicle myself just not the best at making diagnosis. So that's why I'm here. So when I do have an issue to get steered in the right direction. 

Thanks in advance for your help

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jcatzcustoms said:

What kind of volunteer work do you do? 

We work in indigenous communities with all kinds of life skills. We help with reading and writing skills for children. We help educate about social issues and do counseling. Lots of different things.

• Like 1

Welcome! Are from WA? If so, drop a line when you get back, we’ve got a great little PNW community up here.

Those O2 sensors are probably the most common issue on that era R50 - luckily it doesn’t disable the vehicle. I’ve even cleared them & gone thousands of miles before it came on again. Just remember Bank 1 is Passenger side NOT Driver side like you’d think.

You’ll find a great community here with expertise and a willingness to help. (Disclaimer, the NPORA FaceBook Group is not really affiliated & is a Wild West - lots of unreliable, crazy stuff goes on in that venue).

6 hours ago, RainGoat said:

(Disclaimer, the NPORA FaceBook Group is not really affiliated & is a Wild West - lots of unreliable, crazy stuff goes on in that venue).

X2

Welcome to the forum by the way! There's a ton of good tech info here.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2019 at 5:20 PM, RainGoat said:

The NPORA FaceBook Group is not really affiliated & is a Wild West - lots of unreliable, crazy stuff goes on in that venue). Lol

Edited by Storm_Trooper