i am fleenz

fleenz

i go by fleenz. i am a young and foolish dude who hates haircuts and likes cars. with that being said, i am likely to make various mistakes including piddling around with my first and current vehicle, a 1988 SE pathy with 167k miles on it and counting. i am its second owner.

image.png.5e6b615568c6362f3559dadde90aa349.png

apologies for the night photo but it's the most recent one i have. i affectionately call her the Leaky Susan. because somewhere the transmission fluid's dripping out and it's anywhere but the pan. every time i refill the fluid, i scream from the inside. on the plus side, it marks its territory. that's MY parking spot.

i notice that off-roading is a major subject here on this forum but appreciates the pathfinder as a whole, so i assume i'm a minority of the forum regarding off-roading habits; not only for my ignorance in appropriate conversion to such activity for my vehicle and absolute inexperience of the sort, but also for where i am located. a big ol' city full of nothing. i mainly use the leaky susan as my daily driver to my job where i work six days a week and grovel over useless job searching e-mails, because young person and money. even though i do not usually travel out of my district in the Leaky Susan, i have dreams which put me in a setting where i at least barely survived a cross-country road trip in my SUV. a type of vehicle that should have that ability. alas, the only previous owner has a maintenance record like a slice of swiss cheese that makes me question the true condition of the leaky susan. so all i have left is whatever wits remain in my skull, any useful information that a rural-raised handyman can hand me, and persistent trial-and-error google searches, to help me keep this thing from utter turmoil as long as i possibly can. or if it meets a sudden fate in a collision (given a chance i do survive without airbags) that it was completely out of my own responsibility.

the leaky susan is my first vehicle. i do not want to take her for granted, even at my age and limited intuition. so here's to being smarter, one brain cell and a 10mm at a time.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Now how did you figure that out? I’m even one of the people who kind of know Oke City. (You can put it in the PNW or our chat if you want)

I'm guessing you're on mobile, on desktop it says it under his username.

• Like 2

thanks for the welcome!

11 hours ago, zakzackzachary said:

Welcome! Hopefully one day you can stretch the legs of Leaky Susan and get on some dirt. The 88's appear to be a great all around little truck.

Looks like Oklahoma City!

8 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Now how did you figure that out? I’m even one of the people who kind of know Oke City. (You can put it in the PNW or our chat if you want)

i am in oklahoma city! the great plains area is where half of my family comes from. seen plenty of this country but not all of it.

• Like 1