Stereo install, where to grab reverse signal and replace antenna?

DonutHands

Where is the best place behind the dash to grab the reverse signal to turn on a backup camera?

Also, is there a way to remove the motorized antenna and replace with a screw in fixed type? The antenna is snapped off right at the base. I tried unscrewing the top chrome cap as it kinda looks slotted to do so, but it just spins forever. 

6 hours ago, DonutHands said:

Where is the best place behind the dash to grab the reverse signal to turn on a backup camera?

Also, is there a way to remove the motorized antenna and replace with a screw in fixed type? The antenna is snapped off right at the base. I tried unscrewing the top chrome cap as it kinda looks slotted to do so, but it just spins forever. 

not to sure about the antenna but as for the reverse, i dont think there is a signal under the dash that can turn on the camera. you might have to run a wire back to the reverse light itself 

Strato's approach is probably easiest, especially if you're running wires for the camera to the back of the truck already. With a little staring at the wiring diagrams, you could follow the reverse light circuit forward, find the same wire closer to the dash, and have a much shorter wire to run. You can find all the wiring diagrams in the EL section of the service manual.

This might help with the antenna. Looks like you're on the right track unscrewing the top of it. Maybe the mangled stub of the antenna mast is holding it down?

• Like 1