96-04 All use same rear shocks?

DonutHands

Just making sure.

I own a 97 and I parked next to a 00-04 pathfinder today. Of course I checked it out a bit comparing a few things.

I noticed that the rear upper shock mount positions are different and the bolt orientations are different as well. 

They still use the same shocks though?

On 11/14/2019 at 9:55 PM, DonutHands said:

Just making sure.

I own a 97 and I parked next to a 00-04 pathfinder today. Of course I checked it out a bit comparing a few things.

I noticed that the rear upper shock mount positions are different and the bolt orientations are different as well. 

im pretty sure you can just spin the shock bolt holes on the shocks themselves. Shocks arent in a fixed orientation or mount pattern or what ever you would call it

Others will correct if I’m wrong, but I believe the main difference is that on earlier trucks the orientation of lower shock mount and panhard rod make it such that shocks often must be mounted body up to avoid interference between body and panhard rod. Not a problem with Bilstein monotube shocks like 5100 series which can be mounted either orientation. 
https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/product/bilstein-b8-5100/

Edited by jlduthie
Added link

On 11/14/2019 at 11:55 PM, DonutHands said:

Just making sure.

Yes, they do use the same shocks.... basicallly. The length from mount to mount is slightly shorter on the pre facelift pathfinders. So for example, when I go wheeling with @micahfelker, we both have the same shocks, and at full flex his springs fall out. Mine however, just barely unseat. The slight difference in length begins to matter when you upgrade shocks, but for any OE application I’ve always understood that you can use the same shocks on both models.