Idle help

Tim01LE

I recently had the dreaded ECM chip fail after my iacv went. So I decided to replace the valve cover gaskets and all vacuum lines , and all parts that I could access in fear of having to remove it all again down the road, issue is when I first had the truck die on me I took it to a shop and they adjusted the throttle body screw under the throttle linkages in hopes to get it going , but now that I have all new parts etc I can't seem to get the idle right as I believe it is dependent on were that screw is set, so my question is where can I find a guide or if someone knows the steps to reset that screw so I can properly adjust everything else to get it back on the road. 2001 3.5 pathfinder 

I'm not familiar with the R50 throttle body, but it sounds like they adjusted the throttle stop to crack the throttle open a little, like you'd do to set the idle on a carburetor. I would run that screw in or out (again, not familiar with that TB) until the throttle butterfly shuts completely (leaving the IACV as the only path for air to get into the manifold) and see how it likes that. Hopefully someone with an '01-'02 can check theirs to confirm, but that's where I'd start.

The EC section of the service manual is your best bet if that doesn't work. Looks like EC-48 has an idle diagnosis procedure, including what to check if you don't have Consult (Nissan's proprietary scan tool), so hopefully that'll get you somewhere. Looks like there's also some kind of idle relearn procedure you might have to put it through. Good luck!