sluggish

Mmichaud

so i recently purchased a beautiful 2005 nissan pathfinder. it friggen loaded and looks like no one has driven it , i mean pristean inside and out 105000 miles on it. so it has a 6 cylinder runs good but seem like its holding back and vibrates at stops.. i was thinking catalytic converter for this issue. the other is that at stops the oil pressure gauge drops down. before you say check the oil level i have, its good. this is my first nissan and i really like it so i want to get the opinion of people who have experience with the vehicles. thanks in advance

Any check engine lights? The cat is a possibility, but, if its faulty it should set a code. The shaking at idle could be EGR, throttle body may be dirty, idle air control valve, or just the need for a tune up. The OBD2 system does a decent job of monitiring all of the intricacies of enngine performance and management.
I would start with the basic stuff like a tune up, check the mass air flow sensor and your vacuum lines, it could be hunting for idle.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Is there a rattle when the engine is first started? If so, you might have an internal oil leak and or worn timing chain tensioners. Both are problems seen with the VQ engines after about 100k miles. The catalysts used on the VQ40 also had a problem with disintegrating and both clogging the down stream cats and even getting pulled into the cylinders causing damage to the engine. 

Best thing is to take it into a dealership for diagnosis, but if you are able to do the work yourself, unbolting the upstream cats and visual inspection will tell you if they are failing. If you have a boroscope, you can pull the fuel/air sensors and take a peak at the catalyst matrix, but it is hard to see doing it that way. 

All 3 of these problems will eventually set codes and turn on the MIL, but in the early stages often won't.