Adding a ground to your exhaust

Mrelcocko

Not too long ago I was underneath my Quey checking things out getting ready to do some undercoating and noticed that there was a wire connected to my exhaust pipe flange then going to one of my heat shields for grounding. I never noticed it before it was kind of a shock to me because I had no idea why that wire would even exist thinking maybe someone put it on not by the factory. So I crawled underneath my Pathfinder to see if there's one on it as well and sure enough it had one too rusted away. Now no question put on by the Nissan. From the research I've done and all the literature I've read there's a lot of people that say you don't need it and then there's a lot of people that say you do need it. I've read that it suppresses electricity that can affect your radio and other electrical components also that it may affect your O2 sensors. I've had a pesky O2 sensor code for quite a while. P0156 Bank 2 sensor 2. My check engine light is usually own due to this code. I just haven't got around to addressing the problem yet. Sometimes the CEL would actually go off on its own but it would come back on eventually. Here's my scenario on the ground wire. I definitely would put it on if you do not have one or if yours is rusted away because since I put mine on, P0156 code has not come back. Whether or not it had anything to do with the CEL being on who knows? It's been 3 weeks and light is still off and no little amber light stareing me in the face. If anyone has any info on this please share. #R50OBSEESED #j.cox

I didn't want to take the chance of breaking a nut so I decided to ground mine using a hose clamp and a piece of wire that would be used for a tailgate. So spread the hell out of it with anti seizea44e9206b8c159e8e7799ef445bc7886.jpg

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

• Like 3