Hardbody ARB Bumper on WD21 Pathfinder

morgant

When I originally bought my '93 Pathfinder, I did some research into the possibility of eventually putting a strong front bumper on it since the bumper was already dented in. Recently, some idiot pulled out in front of me in the rain and so--long story short--I need to replace the bumper, a headlight & indicator, and a fender, so might as well ask about a heavy duty bumper. 

My notes show that the ARB winch compatible bull bar for the Hardbody, which still seems to be available from a couple suppliers, can be mounted to the WD21 Pathfinder. I've found some threads that say the brackets need to be modified, but this thread seems to say that the Hardbody is about a 1.5" body lift over the Pathfinder. Could one get a 2" body lift kit from 4x4parts.com, trim 1/4" off each side of the body blocks (reducing them to 1.5"), and bolt the ARB bumper straight on without modification? I plan on sticking with 31" tires (currently running KO2s) and don't particularly need a body lift, but I don't have fabrication skills (plus that would leave the bumper intact if anyone wanted to swap it back to a Hardbody at some point in the future).

I probably won't bother, but am curious and do have some insurance money available, so it's not totally off the table.

I doubt you would have to trim the lift blocks. 1/2" is small and the bumper should line up fine. I have done both the 3" on my 93 and the 2" on a 95 a friend had. I honestly found the 3" to be a little easier and have no regrets. It has made working on the truck easier and #6 spark plug is easy to get at. 

• Like 2

Oh yes, the bodylift makes working on the engine easier all around. If you still have the oil filter in the stock location on the VG30, it even makes filter replacement easier. Still messy and bad for the starter though. 

Thanks all, this is definitely making my decision harder, in a good way! Glad to hear the body lift has made working on the engine easier, though I must admit that I haven't been doing much work on the truck myself of late. Roughly how long did the body lift take?

It depends on how rusty it is. Mine took a whole weekend, though that was my first time doing that sort of thing. I had help with a few friends. That was years ago, but did one last summer on my friends Xterra in 1 day.