Where to locate sunroof seal? - 1997

My sunroof is leaking and has a big chunk missing out of the gasket. I have been having a hell of a time finding the seal for a 1997 Pathfinder sunroof. Finding all other model years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
That's a tough one. Do you have any junk yards Pull-A-Part anything like that close to you?

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

I currently have the sunroof glass from an 01 Xterra in my 93 Pathfinder. I only had to change the latch. I was going to go with an R50 glass I had found, but the outer seal was better on the X. That seems to indicate that the seals are likely similar since the glass is. That is with the manual units. Aftermarket and powered sunroofs are a different matter. 

Years ago I bought a replacement outer seal for mine from the dealer, but I never was able to get it to fit quite right. So when it crumbled again, I just spent $25 and replaced the entire unit. 

You might want to check the drains also. They are located in the front corners of the sun roof recess and drain down the A pillars. Just run a stiff wire or equivalent down the drain to open it. Test it by pouring a little water into the drain and watching to see if it runs out down at the rear of the front fender. I had a similar problem and after I cleaned the drains the leak went away.

• Like 1

Unfortunately there's a large chunk missing out of the sunroof seal. Seams no one makes a gasket for them. I can buy the whole sunroof used but it's still a used gasket so that doesn't seem like a great solution. 

If there isn’t any options then you might remove a section and search for a matching bulk weather strip material on McMasterCarr. You’d probably attach the ends with super glue, black caulk, or you could search for a glue that’s made for whatever the material of the weather strip is.

• Like 1