Alarm won’t shut up!

Gmar11

At the ridiculously busy gas station with the windows down, I reached in to unlock the door and open the fuel door and my pathfinder security alarms starts going off at 35000db.

It won’t stop, and I don’t have a remote. I pulled the battery but as soon as the negative terminal is connected again, it goes off. I’m going to cut the horn wire before I go deaf.

Is there a sequence for the security alarm to shut it off before I go insane???!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would imagine there is a fuse for it and as for turning it off i think it turns off when you start the vehicle. ive seen some cars that turn off when started with the key. and i would also imagine you could buy a remote and program it to your car. dont quote me on this but from what ive seen all pathfinders have the little box that controls the car with the remote so you just need to buy the remote. this is where you can buy one if you want to give it a try

My 1996 Pathfinder used to do that and I ended up having to buy a key fob and program it to the car which was real simple to do. Before the only thing that would shut it up was disconnecting the battery and waiting ten minutes for the stupid alarm system to reset. That key in the drivers door thing doesn't work on a 96 LE because I've tried it a hundred times. I did get the lock and unlock the back glass trick to work once, but only once. I have a post on here somewhere from where I was having issues with mine. I originally wanted to disconnect the alarm system but from 1996 (just my darn luck) the alarm system is integrated into the wiring and cannot be removed.

I'd like to chime in and say that with a previous car the only way to shut up the alarm was to hit the unlock button on the fob. At the time I was only using the key so I tried everything I could think of, finally I replaced the battery in the fob and that worked like a charm.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 1:48 PM, zakzackzachary said:

I'd like to chime in and say that with a previous car the only way to shut up the alarm was to hit the unlock button on the fob. At the time I was only using the key so I tried everything I could think of, finally I replaced the battery in the fob and that worked like a charm.

Unlock button on the fob is the only way to get mine to shut up too.

Hey everyone, sorry for being late on the reply! The fix was as putting the key in the drivers side door and unlocking and locking and unlocking several times.
Thanks for all the help everyone, I’ll order a remote and program it.

I tried ordering a Nissan fob but I think the one I ordered was too new and wouldn’t program. I’ll order one of the ones from the link posted above as that fob is the same as my old 1998 used, I’m assuming my current 2000 SE uses that as well.

Thanks guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It should only take one turn in the unlock direction. The electrical portion of the lock cylinder is no good if it takes multiple cycles. Mine is on the way to being no good.

Right now I can unlock the driver door without disabling the security alarm which causes the alarm to go off as soon as I open the door. Usually it only takes one turn in the unlock direction to get the alarm to turn off but here and there it takes multiple cycles.

• 3 years later...
On 10/5/2019 at 4:16 PM, SCJax2018 said:

My 1996 Pathfinder used to do that and I ended up having to buy a key fob and program it to the car which was real simple to do. Before the only thing that would shut it up was disconnecting the battery and waiting ten minutes for the stupid alarm system to reset. That key in the drivers door thing doesn't work on a 96 LE because I've tried it a hundred times. I did get the lock and unlock the back glass trick to work once, but only once. I have a post on here somewhere from where I was having issues with mine. I originally wanted to disconnect the alarm system but from 1996 (just my darn luck) the alarm system is integrated into the wiring and cannot be removed.

The back glass trick definitely worked. Thanks