LED dash light conversion

Strato_54

Has anyone changed the bulbs behind their gauge cluster and or the heating control? im curious if its worth it to take apart the cluster and replace all the dash back light bulbs to leds? And if so how does it look with the different settings on the dimmer dial?

Yes, I have done it. All of the instrument cluster and AC control lights in mine have been converted to white LED (which ends up looking slightly bluish due to the color temperature.) They dim just like the OEM bulbs. I think I got mine at superbrightleds.com. Sorry, it was so long ago that I forgot which bulbs I used, but you will want to choose bulbs that have the greatest number of LEDs mounted omnidirectionally.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XPLORx4 said:

Yes, I have done it. All of the instrument cluster and AC control lights in mine have been converted to white LED (which ends up looking slightly bluish due to the color temperature.) They dim just like the OEM bulbs. I think I got mine at superbrightleds.com. Sorry, it was so long ago that I forgot which bulbs I used, but you will want to choose bulbs that have the greatest number of LEDs mounted omnidirectionally.

Where the AC lights easy to do? my AC controls have 0 lights except for the orange selected light

Edited by TroyButler

2 hours ago, TroyButler said:

Where the AC lights easy to do? my AC controls have 0 lights except for the orange selected light

Yes. You first need to remove the dash bezel (2 screws on the bottom, and tension clips above the vents). Then pull off the fan speed and temp control knobs. The faceplate pops off to reveal the bulbs.

• Like 3

most of the leds im finding are listed as 80w bulbs but the stock ones are 65w? is this a big jump or is this just kinda what ever? is this an issue at all or would i be fine just replacing all these bulbs even if they're apparently a higher current draw? i wanted to switch to leds because theyre brighter but they are also supposed to be less power hungry. if im just over thinking this then let me know or should i try and find bulbs that are the same draw as the stock halogen ones. i know light is labeled in lumens and not watts but i also know that high lumens is a high wattage.

I replaced my dash and climate control bulbs with these https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/74-led-bulb-3-smd-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/228/

Think I went with the warm color. Looks and works great. Big improvement over stock, at least in the gauges.

This thread has some good info on the subject https://forums.nicoclub.com/topic563777.html

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DesertKyle said:

I replaced my dash and climate control bulbs with these https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/74-led-bulb-3-smd-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/228/

Think I went with the warm color. Looks and works great. Big improvement over stock, at least in the gauges.

This thread has some good info on the subject https://forums.nicoclub.com/topic563777.html

i found that thread last night and made a list off all the colours and what ever else i need for the conversion. i also used the sylvania light guide thing for everything else exterior because i guess led head light bulbs are not meant for direct replacement because of the reflection tile stuff in the light and im too lazy and broke to buy new casings.  when ever i decide i want to do this ill buy all the leds and lights i want and once i finish ill probably post pictures somewhere on the forum for anyone else that wants to do it but doesnt know what it looks like

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, XPLORx4 said:

Pull the glass bulb (#194) out of the plastic socket. You can replace the glass bulb with an equivalent LED (#194).

Asp it’s a t5 socket. I have t10 bulbs that won’t fit. Ive attatched an image I’m not sure if you saw it. It says “ Toshiba v-2 “on the bottom