EGR Delete on 91 Pathfinder

TGRAY

I own a 91 Pathfinder and was wondering about deleting the EGR,and I have several questions.  What are the pros and cons? BTW,I live in Alabama so no emission issues legally. Can anyone give me step by step instructions or point me in the direction to find them?

Can be done. Not much point, though, unless it's buggered and you don't want to pay for a new valve. It only kicks in when cruising, so it shouldn't be holding the engine back unless the valve's jammed open. It's supposed to improve fuel economy when cruising by reducing manifold vacuum. If it is screwed up, there's not much to remove, though the fittings on the exhaust line will be a fight to get loose. For testing purposes, you could just unbolt the valve from the intake manifold, slip a thin piece of sheet metal between it and the manifold (covering the hole), and bolt it back up, just to see if you notice any difference in performance. If the truck's got federal emissions, the computer shouldn't notice. California-smog trucks will throw codes and light up the CEL.

I had mine apart when I had my intake off. It was all in good working order, so I just knocked out the carbon buildup and put it back how it was.

Thanks guys.I,m not having problems with it right now,but am basically stripping all unnecessary items that I possibly can,whether its to increase performance or to just make maintenance easier.I'm building a hunting, fishing, camping and generally goofing off in the woods vehicle that I can also use as a daily driver if I want. I'll probably have more stupid questions later,but promise I'll try to make sure I search older posts first. Thanks .