Greetings from Beautiful Colorado Springs!

mike1305

Hey gang! Just picked up a clean 1992 WD21 "The Beast" on Saturday and I can't be more excited. I am now the proud owner of two 1992 midsized SUVs, the other being an Eddie Bauer Explorer. Look for a side by side review on YouTube soon, it's going to be riveting! (kidding... but maybe I'll go pick up a '92 Blazer, 4Runner and XJ to complete the set)

This example is an SE trim, 5 speed. Sweet tilt sunroof and everything. That granny gear in first is a real trip. 

Already found a ton of great stuff here to get my journey started. The speedometer is currently the only working gauge on the entire cluster, so that should be fun to work through, and there appear to be a few vacuum leaks. Alignment is also jacked up, sounds like I'm in for quite the journey to get that fixed... haha. Also the center console is busted, so hopefully these things are plentiful at the local pick-n-pull. Other than that, it's in phenomenal condition for the age! Looking forward to stalking the forum for information and contributing however I can, though I generally just lurk since I'm no mechanic :)

Cheers

beast.jpg

Edited by mike1305
  • Like 2