Tranny and Engine swap

Many_Pathys

I currently have (3) 1995 Pathfinders. All have auto in them, two do not have reverse. I was thinking about switching to a manual with a 3.3 out of a 2002 xterra. Any comments or ideas would be appreciated. I heard this swap will work and I don't want to pay an arm and leg to have the autos rebuilt. 

Possible yes. Not very difficult, but the devil is in the details. To swap to a manual transmission will require getting the clutch pedal, master cylinder, piping, and trans wiring harness for the Pathfinder. Also will have to change part of the center console and the floor plate where the shifters are. You will have to do some rewiring for the starter and to connect the Pathfinder to the 3.3 engine as well as some parts swaps. Not hard, but there are a bunch of little fiddly bits. Not certain, but the Xterra shifter might be a little long, not something I have considered doing since I prefer the automatic transmission. Just recall the fiddly things when I was young and went from 5 speed to auto and then back to manual in my 1980 200SX I had. 

• Like 1