19Pathy94se30

Transmission Operating Temp

Does anyone have a clue as to what the normal operating temp is on a normal A/T pathfinder is? I can’t seem to find the info anywhere. WD21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

140-180F is the normal range mine runs at. Maybe sometimes close to 200F on the trail.

• Like 2

Thank you very much!!! I had been scouring the net but apparently not in the right places. I think because of the shotty stock transmission cooler system it’s making my engine over heat on the trail but street driving it’s fine. My plan is to buy an external cooler and fan assembly and a temp controller as well but I wasn’t too sure what the range was. I hope this helps future folks as well!!

I gave the FSM a quick scour, but didn't see anything in particular. Good actual numbers like adamzan gave are best, though.

You definitely want to upgrade to an external cooler. I did it for mine, albeit too late, and it even made my coolant run less hot. I didn't use a fan for the trans cooler, though, you might seen even better temps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 19Pathy94se30 said:

Does anyone have a clue as to what the normal operating temp is on a normal A/T pathfinder is? I can’t seem to find the info anywhere. WD21.

This may help, http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/45134-help-identifying-some-hosepiping-94-pathfinder/?tab=comments#comment-812720

Edited by xylicon