How to remove mirror for rust stopper?

PrecisionX

actually, I was wrong. I was thinking of my frontier. I just looked and it has a separate cover for the mirror, although I don't know if that can pop off without at least undoing the corner of the door panel.

If there's that much rust visible (and same goes for by the flare), I'm sorry to say that it's likely a lot worse than you think.  Once you get the mirror off whatever it was attached to may crumble and you may not be able to reinstall it, hard to know until it's too late. Personally I've had bad luck with POR15, but not sure that there's anything I'd recommend instead; that stuff is just so expensive!

Found this video btw, seems helpful.

I just replaced my passenger mirror the other day. If it's a power mirror you will have to remove the door panel to get to the electrical connectors. Not sure otherwise. The procedure is in the FSM (which calls for removing the door panel). Hope this helps!

I recently pulled some mirrors off an R50 in the junkyard-

1) Remove door panel screws (one in the pull handle, you'll also have to pull up on the elbow rest to get to two in there, then pull carefully on the door card.

2) Pull open the plastic vapor barrier.

3) Unclip the power mirror wiring

4) Pop off the corner black plastic piece on the inside by the mirror

5) Remove the 3 bolts

and the mirror should fall off.

Edited by zakzackzachary

Just an FYI, had my door panels off last weekend(new speakers) the screw in the pull handle does not need to be undone,it stays on the door. Just remove the decorative ring.

One less step,just saying.

• Thanks 1