hawairish

CANVAZ IX 2019 - Logendale, NV - 10/25-10/27

Posted (edited)

Details for this year's CANVAZ Xcursion event have been posted: https://www.facebook.com/events/695172567609242/

This is the 9th annual event hosted by one of the CA, NV, or AZ Xterra groups.  This year is being hosted in Logendale, NV (about an hour NE of Las Vegas), by the Rogue Overland and Silver State Nissan clubs.  Dates are 10/25-10/27 (Fri-Sun), but looks like things will start early Friday, so arrival to the area on Thurs may be recommended.  Details are lean, but that's typical this far in advance; updates will be on the FB page when known and I'll try to relay them here.

A little pictorial about the trail area: https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/nevada/one-of-the-most-overlooked-natural-areas-in-nevada-is-downright-breathtaking/

Last year's event in Anza Borrego was alright (not challenging enough), but we had a good showing of Pathfinders at an primarily-Xterra event.  The turnouts have been good, and I hear the last event in NV had a great turnout.  Additional photos can be seen on their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/canvazxcursion/

I'm looking forward to this trip, but now that my kids are in school, I'm reluctant to pull them out of school for anything, short of being sick or otherwise urgent.  It'll break my boy's heart—and probably mine, too, since he's my trail buddy—if I go without him.  I'll need to see what personal rules I can bend here.

Edited by hawairish
Added more links
  • Like 2

Alright, first update has been posted, taken from FB:

We've reserved a large section of the Clark County Fairgrounds for our home base for this year's CANVAZ meet. The space is reserved for Friday - Sunday. Anyone who wishes to arrive early can free camp at the Logandale trail system and join the rest of the crew on Friday at the fairgrounds.
In case you're curious, the reason were not all camping all weekend at the trail system is that the trails are a popular camping area and it's tends to fill up rapidly when the weather cools off. The camping areas are first come, first served so there's little chance of all of us getting into the same area.

The fairgrounds are located at;
1301 Whipple Ave
Logandale, NV 89021

We will have the majority of the South Midway area near the main entrance at our disposal incl. restrooms, trash cans, water etc.. I will send out a map of the area shortly. RV hookups are avail at an adtl fee for any who would like the opportunity to bring an RV. Grounds tents can be placed on the very large lawn area. An adjacent dirt area is available for any with vehicle mounted roof top tents as parking vehicles on the lawn for anything other than loading/unloading does damage to the grass, shocker, I know. The dirt area will also be available for our evening campfires.

CANVAZ-2019-IX-fairgrounds-map.jpg

I sought some clarification about proximity of parking vs. tent setups on the grass and the dirt area adjacent to the grass isn't fenced off, so it'll be possible to park close to your tent (presuming it's not all filled up, hopefully).