Glass Fog Lights

joshualaw205

Hey guys, just wanted to say it would be cool if everyone kept chill. It's late right now and I've been working all day, but in the morning I'll probably censor a potty word here or there. Just don't want to see this go south and get a bunch of people in trouble.

Joshua, I'm in a a group chat that's been talking about this, seems like glass fog lights do exist. No idea what the correlation is to trim level, year, etc. May have to go to a local junkyard and poke around for glass ones. How bad was the wiring to add them by the way?

• Like 4

Whatever is going on with these replies, take it to Facebook or Instagram or wherever else because that bull@!*% doesn't belong here.

@joshualaw205 My 04 has OE glass fogs.  A p/n crossref shows fitment for 99-04 trucks.  I suggest hitting a junkyard or eBay for options. 

LH: 26155-2W125 (full assembly, ~$182), 26159-2W100 (housing only, NLA)

RH: 26150-2W125 (full assembly, ~$182), 26154-2W100 (housing only, NLA)

You seem proud of the truck, but it seems like there's misinformation.  You've acquired followers hell-bent on exploiting it, too.  I'm not one, but the bottom line is that there weren't factory or dealer options for a rear locker, front LSD, special tow wiring, suspension lift, nor extended range fuel tank for any Pathfinder, probably ever.  You could get an optional rear LSD, 4-pin trailer harness, and tire carrier on WD21 and R50, but that's about it.  Even when your truck was new, those other items may not have existed at the time even in the aftermarket (they hardly exist now), and no way Nissan nor a dealership was pioneering upgrades like those.  All US-destined R50s were made in Japan, so nothing unique there either.

If you're interested in learning about what the truck does have, this is a good community for that.  A "what is this?" or "is this stock?" thread may help answer some questions you (and apparently others) may have about your truck, but this thread isn't a good place for that sort of discovery.  Maybe there are some customizations on the truck that we can help identify.

@everyone else: Fellas, whether he's lying or misinformed, just offer information, insight, or correction and move on.  Call a guy out if you have to, but have some tact; this isn't FB or IG.  He seemed to have a genuine question about fog lights, and then things got stupid fast.  If you can't contribute, don't reply.

Edited by hawairish
Added part numbers
  • Like 8

Hey guys, just wanted to say it would be cool if everyone kept chill. It's late right now and I've been working all day, but in the morning I'll probably censor a potty word here or there. Just don't want to see this go south and get a bunch of people in trouble.

Joshua, I'm in a a group chat that's been talking about this, seems like glass fog lights do exist. No idea what the correlation is to trim level, year, etc. May have to go to a local junkyard and poke around for glass ones. How bad was the wiring to add them by the way?

Thank you for getting the topic back on track LOL. That’s good to know, I didn’t think Nissan made glass OEM fog lights for R50s, but now that I know I’ll have to probe around to see if they will fit.

The installation was not terribly difficult. When it was time to work out the wiring, I got a bit lazy and just spliced them into the dash light fuse with a cheap little switch where the fog light wires split off. That way they still work with the headlight dial, but I don’t necessarily need to have my headlights on to use the fogs, I only need to have the dash lights on. Unfortunately the set of cheap plastic fog lights I bought three years ago or so when I did this were of a poor quality and cracked/aged very quickly, so last year I removed them and put the black plastic inserts back in. The wiring is all still there and I do miss having fog lights, so I wouldn’t be opposed to another, higher quality set of plastic lights, however glass would be preferred.

Thanks for all that you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Whatever is going on with these replies, take it to Facebook or Instagram or wherever else because that bull@!*% doesn't belong here.

[mention=41964]joshualaw205[/mention] My 04 has OE glass fogs.  A p/n crossref shows fitment for 99-04 trucks.  I suggest hitting a junkyard or eBay for options. 

LH: 26155-2W125 (full assembly, ~$182), 26159-2W100 (housing only, NLA)
RH: 26150-2W125 (full assembly, ~$182), 26154-2W100 (housing only, NLA)

You seem proud of the truck, but it seems like there's misinformation.  You've acquired followers hellbent on exploiting it, too.  I'm not one, but the bottom line is that there weren't factory or dealer options for a rear locker, front LSD, special tow wiring, suspension lift, nor extended range fuel tank for any Pathfinder, probably ever.  You could get an optional rear LSD, 4-pin trailer harness, and tire carrier on WD21 and R50, but that's about it.  Even when your truck was new, those other items may not have existed at the time even in the aftermarket (they hardly exist now), and no way Nissan nor a dealership was pioneering upgrades like those.  All US-destined R50s were made in Japan, so nothing unique there either.

If you're interested in learning about what the truck does have, this is a good community for that.  A "what is this?" or "is this stock?" thread may help answer some questions you (and apparently others) may have about your truck, but this thread isn't a good place for that sort of discovery.  Maybe there are some customizations on the truck that we can help identify.

@everyone else: Fellas, whether he's lying or misinformed, just offer information, insight, or correction and move on.  Call a guy out if you have to, but have some tact; this isn't FB or IG.  He seemed to have a genuine question about fog lights, and then things got stupid fast.  If you can't contribute, don't reply.

Thank you Hawairish,

I am fairly new to the Pathfinder community and do not understand too much about what did and did not come standard, as it was my father who bought the vehicle originally. I will admit to lying about a few things, but I will save that conversation for later as it is almost 1am where I live and I am very tired. But for the most part I myself am a bit confused on what all came standard with the truck and what was added on after the fact. Again, I’ll save this for later. I just want everybody to know that I am terribly sorry for all the drama and confusion I have caused.

It’s great to know that the latter model R50s do have available glass fog lights. I will have to check eBay and local junkyards for a set. Thanks for setting it all straight and actually leaving a helpful comment as opposed to a hateful one.

Have a great night, I hope to discuss some of this with everybody tomorrow when we’re all awake and fresh.

• Like 2

Thank you Hawairish,

I am fairly new to the Pathfinder community and do not understand too much about what did and did not come standard, as it was my father who bought the vehicle originally. I will admit to lying about a few things, but I will save that conversation for later as it is almost 1am where I live and I am very tired. But for the most part I myself am a bit confused on what all came standard with the truck and what was added on after the fact. Again, I’ll save this for later. I just want everybody to know that I am terribly sorry for all the drama and confusion I have caused.

It’s great to know that the latter model R50s do have available glass fog lights. I will have to check eBay and local junkyards for a set. Thanks for setting it all straight and actually leaving a helpful comment as opposed to a hateful one.

Have a great night, I hope to discuss some of this with everybody tomorrow when we’re all awake and fresh.

Aside from a couple harsh comments, we were just giving you a hard time. Your apology and willingness to move on goes a long way. Hopefully you can share with us more about your truck and the mods.

40 minutes ago, joshualaw205 said:

Thank you Hawairish,

No sweat.  Look, we've all wanted our truck to be more than what it was at some point.  Let's just get you the right information about what it is right now, so you know what you're working with.  Even in stock form, a lot of people here will attest to its capabilities, so there's not really anything to be ashamed of.  There's tons of information here that you won't find in any other Pathfinder forum, so don't let this experience deter you.

As for the fogs, I may be able to help.  Mine are still in the bumper cover that I removed last year, sitting on the side of the house.  I was planning to incorporate them into the bumper I built, but I've abandoned that idea and just haven't told myself yet.  I tend to hoard R50 parts for longer than I should.  But anyway, explore your options and let me know if I can help.

Edited by hawairish
  • Like 2

I've got glass fog lights on my 96 SE. I bought it new in Canada (Victoria) in 96, have done nothing to it since. Looking forward to lifting it over the next months.

On the fog lights, I have been wanting to replace them with LEDs. What have you all put up front to get some better lighting than the OEM fogs? For now I'd like to keep things simple, e.g. same electrical requirements, etc. if possible. 

• Like 1

I've got glass fog lights on my 96 SE. I bought it new in Canada (Victoria) in 96, have done nothing to it since. Looking forward to lifting it over the next months.

On the fog lights, I have been wanting to replace them with LEDs. What have you all put up front to get some better lighting than the OEM fogs? For now I'd like to keep things simple, e.g. same electrical requirements, etc. if possible. 

Yeah, from what I understand, most ‘96-‘99 models have glass fogs. Unfortunately the ‘99.5 facelift integrated the fog lights into the bumper, so they are a completely different shape than the pre-facelift R50s.

As for your LED upgrade, I would just replace the bulbs a opposed to the whole mountings. Assuming the glass lenses are thicker, you may also want to get thinner plastic lenses, but it all depends on how much you want to spend. If you do replace the mountings with plastic, make sure you don’t buy a cheap set like I did or they’ll be cracked and murky in a couple years.

On 8/25/2019 at 6:36 AM, Mrelcocko said:

Ive got a set of factory glass fogs.f12ec941b93d567ad83f10680539fc76.jpgbe350690ca8f8b30afd5c71c269a0895.jpgca9ae7f7dae25812e33b52ed780ed7e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

Interesting, so they clearly did make OEM glass fogs. I see your truck is a 1997, which should have the same fogs as my '99.5 Pathy. I wonder if the glass ones were reserved for QX4s? Also, would you by any chance consider selling that glass set?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, joshualaw205 said:

Interesting, so they clearly did make OEM glass fogs. I see your truck is a 1997, which should have the same fogs as my '99.5 Pathy. I wonder if the glass ones were reserved for QX4s? Also, would you by any chance consider selling that glass set?

As another data point- I have glass fogs on my '00 Pathfinder.

• Like 1

Just to add, factory foglights on Nissans tend to be glass up to at least 2018. Found that odd with all the other lights having plastic lenses. I think the glass lenses are rock magnets too. When at the dealership, broken foglight lenses was a very common sight. Yet my 2004 Sorento has plastic ones from the factory, no rock damage, but does suffer from the clouding issues. I know they are original in that one since my mom bought it new and it stayed in the family. 

As another data point- I have glass fogs on my '00 Pathfinder.

Very good to know. Snagged a set of plastic OEMs from Pull-A-Part for like $20 a couple days ago, but I might try to find a glass set in the future. Thanks everybody for all the info!