What is this sensor?

Gmar11

2000 Nissan Pathfinder VG33

Changing spark plugs, noticed this sensor hanging out? There’s an unplugged female sensor on top of the intake but they don’t match up. Is this a temperature sensor with a crappy wiring job? 

Edited by Gmar11

Yes someone has relocated it. Its proper place is under the upper intake plenum but its a huge pain in the arse to get to so folks, myself included, will relocate it to an easier to get to location instead of putting back underneath the plenum. Looks like yours is broken and missing the clip that snaps in to hold the connector on. Id just cable tie it on there..

• Like 4

Yes someone has relocated it. Its proper place is under the upper intake plenum but its a huge pain in the arse to get to so folks, myself included, will relocate it to an easier to get to location instead of putting back underneath the plenum. Looks like yours is broken and missing the clip that snaps in to hold the connector on. Id just cable tie it on there..

Thanks for the help, went out and bought a new one and YouTube searched a decent guide. About to fix it up. IMG_1467.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk